See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: My 55 hour trip to Las Vegas-a trip report

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Frontier and spirit are cheap if you only bring a personal item. Why do you dislike them, Flash?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    If you azre travelling solo, taking short trips, nothing, including Southwest, comes close in price. As an example, I could fly ftom nashville to Las vegas for as little as $29 one way but for better times, its about $59 one way. Add $15-$40 for seats that recline and have a bit more leg space. For my trip without baggage except a small backpack, it was $122 RT for a 3 day trip. If the idea is to reduce expenses (no soda or pretzels, no baggage fees), its worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I could fly ftom nashville to Las vegas for as little as $29 one way but for better times, its about $59 one way.
    Thanks BNA is my local airport.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    If you azre travelling solo, taking short trips, nothing, including Southwest, comes close in price. As an example, I could fly ftom nashville to Las vegas for as little as $29 one way but for better times, its about $59 one way. Add $15-$40 for seats that recline and have a bit more leg space. For my trip without baggage except a small backpack, it was $122 RT for a 3 day trip. If the idea is to reduce expenses (no soda or pretzels, no baggage fees), its worked well for me.
    You guys don't want to know what I pay for an air trip from Canada to points USA. It is many multiples of charges noted here. Crossing the 49th us a rip off, and our 2 major Canadian carriers know how to sock it to you for intra Canada travel.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    No amount of discount would get me to fly Frontier (or Spirit). Besides the endless nickel and diming, Frontier probably has the worst on-time record of any airline.
    I had an absolutely horrible experience about 10 years ago with American Aurlibes. Further, the stewardess was not amused when I asked her (on a late arrival flight) to radio ahead and order me a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    If you had an open marriage were you would do this in front of your wife and she would be fine with it that is one thing. But most people mean their marriage vows when they take them and many are strong enough of character to actually keep them.
    This must be that "virtue signaling" I keep hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    You wrote what I was thinking :-)

Probably need to start a new thread on discount airline reviews and pricing, BUT Freighter, I have always understood it was cheaper and even easier for Canadians to cross the border (if they are close.....and I don't recall exactly where you are located) and then fly from U.S Airports to Vegas or other destinations. Maybe others have suggestions to assist?

Spirit not available here. Frontier SUCKS big time but (and I hate to admit this........)Zee is right IF you can limit yourself to a carryon, it's cheap for a single person traveling. Allegiant is available here but to me, by the time you pick your seat, pay for a bag (and possibly a carryon), the price approaches SWA. Southwest is NO longer the "peanuts fare" airlines.........they seem to come close to the price of others IF you have baggage (just a bit under with their no baggage fees) but they tend to be on time; make up time flying when possible; and seem to fly most places. Plus you never "lose" money with them, if you cancel your flight, you can use those dollars for another flight down the road. TOTALLY different story with Frontier and Allegiant; any cancellation there and you might as well give them your money without ANY benefit. And add in the perks/points from everyday spending on their SWA rewards credit cards, and for as few times as I travel, I find them pretty convenient and cost effective. Usually earn at least one free ticket a year.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

If u live close to the border, it would be cheaper to drive across to a major US city and fly from there, eg vancouver BC to Seattle.

Never said where I was from exactly, though some could take an educated guess. Wouldn't want to say. It would be real easy to finger me.

How come when I do a trip report my post only gets a couple hundred hits, but ZeeBabar posts gets almost six thousand. Oh well I'm still glad someone is posting trip reports.

By the way, Zee, I think you ripped off the hooker. After all you made a deal. You had a verbal contract. She spent time and money to come and see you and you broke the deal. The agency will think she is keeping all the money for herself when there was none. Now there is nothing wrong with breaking the contract, but you should of covered her expenses anyway. Give her a $50 at least.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 08-22-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    How come when I do a trip report my post only gets a couple hundred hits, but ZeeBabar posts gets almost six thousand. Oh well I'm still glad someone is posting trip reports.

By the way, Zee, I think you ripped off the hooker. After all you made a deal. You had a verbal contract. She spent time and money to come and see you and you broke the deal. The agency will think she is keeping all the money for herself when there was none. Now there is nothing wrong with breaking the contract, but you should of covered her expenses anyway. Give her a $50 a least.

You weren't paying attention. The deal was for a blond. They sent a brunet with tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Best use of my straight line yet. LoL
    Where's my snare drum and cymbal LOL
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post

By the way, Zee, I think you ripped off the hooker. After all you made a deal. You had a verbal contract. She spent time and money to come and see you and you broke the deal. The agency will think she is keeping all the money for herself when there was none. Now there is nothing wrong with breaking the contract, but you should of covered her expenses anyway. Give her a $50 a least.
    The reason Zee gets more hits
    All you talk about is taking a piss. Zee regales us with rub and tug stories. As far as ripping off the hooker, he didn't break the contract, because there never was a contract, verbal or otherwise. In order for torts to apply, good faith to execute must be present. The tatted hooker had no intention if consummating under the original terms, ergo, no deal.

Zee may well have benefited from said hookers egregious contractual malfeasance, by creating the excercise necessary to strengthen his right hand.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast