See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, new member hypercube introduction!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    No such thing as "due".
    yes i agree logically, but my subconscious feelings has me worried the timing of that downturn could be right when i get enough confidence to go to green chips. 10min and 15min tables are helping me feel more comfortable with larger wagers though, so in time i think that feeling will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    This is "stinkin' thinkin'.
    This is the mind set of a pathological gambler.
    Sessions and Days are artificial distinctions.
    All play is one long string of results. Timeless.
    sounds good but you know as well as anyone, that if this is your job, you still have to meet life responsibilities, child care, rent, mortgage, unexpected health issues etc, The variance that comes with this profession is why most cant or wont make it. Because many people will not have the luxury to ride out negative variance while bills are overdue and trying the patience of your family that depends on your income.

I think i should note these sessions on the chart are 2-4 hours each with some breaks to eat dinner etc change tables avoid heat, wong out etc. Maybe not as brief what you guys may be used to and realize I will have to go to shorter sessions when i move to green. So that's going to skew the results to be a bit less variance. There are of course up/down swing of $100-200 noise throughout each of those sessions not shown on the graph.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by hypercube View Post
    sounds good but you know as well as anyone, that if this is your job, you still have to meet life responsibilities, child care, rent, mortgage, unexpected health issues etc, The variance that comes with this profession is why most cant or wont make it. Because many people will not have the luxury to ride out negative variance while bills are overdue and trying the patience of your family that depends on your income.
    IMO, most people won't make it because this isn't particularly fun or easy. Most people don't want to do the work, and this game is all work.

You have a FAMILY???

yes of course, as outlined in my first couple posts. luckily wife makes a good income to, she may willing to let me attempt this for a livign but i would have to show statisical proof of my capability and expected ev, shes an engineer and likes numbers, could be a great counter!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It's really not a whole lot different than a commission salesman, responsible for his own expenses. People succeed and fail everyday. Regardless if what you do, you're either good enough or your not.

Having said that, as in other professions, it's wise to have living expenses sufficient for, let say, 6 months, set aside, while one figures out out if they gave the mettle for this or not. When I went out on my own 20 years ago, I managed to whittle my cost of living down to a low level, so, if there was trouble, I could still survive. It's fortunate that I took that course, as in the beginning g, I came close to failure.

My income today, from my gruelling average 5-6 hour work week, is actually sufficient for household expenses. I've yet to dip in to retirement funds. Other than this past year, I've always paid taxes due on investment income from normal take home. In other words, full growth was reinvested. For me, the leap to full time pro, from a dollar perspective, is nothing. Don't think my body could take full time pro status though, so, I'm sorta content doing it in a part time basis. I write this from the comfort of our neighbourhood French bakery cafe, having just Completed a leisurely lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    It's really not a whole lot different than a commission salesman, responsible for his own expenses. People succeed and fail everyday. Regardless if what you do, you're either good enough or your not.

Having said that, as in other professions, it's wise to have living expenses sufficient for, let say, 6 months, set aside, while one figures out out if they gave the mettle for this or not. When I went out on my own 20 years ago, I managed to whittle my cost of living down to a low level, so, if there was trouble, I could still survive. It's fortunate that I took that course, as in the beginning g, I came close to failure.

My income today, from my gruelling average 5-6 hour work week, is actually sufficient for household expenses. I've yet to dip in to retirement funds. Other than this past year, I've always paid taxes due on investment income from normal take home. In other words, full growth was reinvested. For me, the leap to full time pro, from a dollar perspective, is nothing. Don't think my body could take full time pro status though, so, I'm sorta content doing it in a part time basis. I write this from the comfort of our neighbourhood French bakery cafe, having just Completed a leisurely lunch.
    Leisurely lunch. You're doing it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    Leisurely lunch. You're doing it right.

My next major decision
    It's 1.15 pm now. Do I enjoy coffee for the next hour and a half, or take 3 minutes to drive home - only to return to this almost exact same spot for a massage. Oh, what shall I do?

My next major decision
    It's 1.15 pm now. Do I enjoy coffee for the next hour and a half, or take 3 minutes to drive home - only to return to this almost exact same spot for a massage. Oh, what shall I do?
    How about a haircut and shave. Nothing like a fresh head of hair.

How about a haircut and shave. Nothing like a fresh head of hair.

Did that Saturday. Wife..........suggested........ that I do so for some anniversary party we were going to. Somebody else asked us if we wanted to go out Saturday night. I told them our plans were firm, and that I would let them know what they were, once my wife told me.

Did that Saturday. Wife..........suggested........ that I do so for some anniversary party we were going to. Somebody else asked us if we wanted to go out Saturday night. I told them our plans were firm, and that I would let them know what they were, once my wife told me.
    You've inspired me. Its 1:33 here. I was thinking after my swim in the warm ocean I'd just spend the day relaxing at the beach before the tables open at three. But seeing as my last massage was two days ago, I'm overdue for another.

You've inspired me. Its 1:33 here. I was thinking after my swim in the warm ocean I'd just spend the day relaxing at the beach before the tables open at three. But seeing as my last massage was two days ago, I'm overdue for another.
    Depending on what type of massage you're after, check out therapeutic, or ask Zee for referrals. Speaking of which, I heard about this poor girl who went to work in a massage parlour. She went from rags to rigids.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast