See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Significant Other

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Significant Other

Howdy, do any of you gamble with your wives, husbands, gf/bf? My wife tags along sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisB View Post
    Howdy, do any of you gamble with your wives, husbands, gf/bf? My wife tags along sometimes.
    Wish mine did. Would add to the act.

Old lady used to. Then I left her for the cash. Just kidding she left me and my shit.

It certainly adds to the 'cover' if you are an AP.

Having a wife or girlfriend with you is a great asset for the card counter if she's interested in participating in "the play". It opens up a lot of possibilities. You just need to use creative thinking. Some easy ones: You count and signal her while she drinks like a pig and ignores the cards, or (if she's skilled) she counts and signals you while you drink like a pig and ignore the cards, or she plays like a novice while you watch as her ploppy-mentor, then you "just decide to try a few hands" if the deck gets hot, etc....

Still can't get my wife interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    Having a wife or girlfriend with you is a great asset for the card counter if she's interested in participating in "the play". It opens up a lot of possibilities. You just need to use creative thinking. Some easy ones: You count and signal her while she drinks like a pig and ignores the cards, or (if she's skilled) she counts and signals you while you drink like a pig and ignore the cards, or she plays like a novice while you watch as her ploppy-mentor, then you "just decide to try a few hands" if the deck gets hot, etc....

My wife's a lady, and could never act like a pig. Not only is she a lady, she acts like one. If yours can act like a pig, well, what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    My wife's a lady, and could never act like a pig. Not only is she a lady, she acts like one.
    Of course, I would expect nothing less...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post

Drink that EV away!

Occasionally play with wife who is a KO counter (wine adjusted). She sits to my left and I am always playing two spots. Although counting, she is not required to use it. I control her betting by her betting the amount on my right spot. Then she plays basic strategy and ask for playing instruction on questionable plays. I control her betting with my right spot and vary my other spot to fit the total bet I want for the round. Let's us get more money on the table in a much less obvious way, therefore much less heat. Works well on DD with chunky green and is a no brainer on 6D, which we play very infrequently.

This is generally recreational play for me as she has a real aversion to large bets. She enjoys us playing together but I refuse to sit at the 5-10 minimum tables that are always full. Our compromise is $25 table using the format described.

Promotes domestic tranquility. +1
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Occasionally play with wife who is a KO counter (wine adjusted). She sits to my left and I am always playing two spots. Although counting, she is not required to use it. I control her betting by her betting the amount on my right spot. Then she plays basic strategy and ask for playing instruction on questionable plays. I control her betting with my right spot and vary my other spot to fit the total bet I want for the round. Let's us get more money on the table in a much less obvious way, therefore much less heat. Works well on DD with chunky green and is a no brainer on 6D, which we play very infrequently.

This is generally recreational play for me as she has a real aversion to large bets. She enjoys us playing together but I refuse to sit at the 5-10 minimum tables that are always full. Our compromise is $25 table using the format described.

The family that doubles together, stays together

Banned or Suspended

Over the decades I had attempted to get my five (5) significant others and my three
    (3) wives to form a mini-team. It NEVER worked out. They all found the game to be
    either boring or stressful. One found it to be immoral. Furthermore, whenever my act
    demanded that I speak to her in a certain fashion, they were unable to accept fully that
    it was my acting ability that they were witnessing and consequently misinterpreting.

OTOH, over the last 2 years, I have had a brilliant female partner, (who has surpassed
    me as an overall A.P.) and has been a truly fine, almost perfect player, with outstanding
    camouflage and near perfect applied highly advanced BJ playing skills.

Although the reader may know who she is ... as always, the identities of those I have
    trained and/or partnered with remains hidden. I am often treated with hostility on BJ
    forums, due to my abrasive/critical style. I have never wanted my students to be "caught
    in the crossfire", as not all are thick-skinned. I let it be known that I want nobody "rising
    to my defense."

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

Come up with a way to signal the wife with a bet size. One good way is to tap knees under the table. Number of taps equals bet size, or force of the tap equals bet size, or a combination of the two. Just be prepared when she yells ouch on that monster bet size.

This method allows the wife to put out the bet first and you can just follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Over the decades I had attempted to get my five (5) significant others and my three
    (3) wives to form a mini-team. It NEVER worked out.

Separately, or at the same time?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast