See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roulette/Tarzan

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So yea. Tally columns of card #s just like you were walking up to a roulette wheel to tally the 3-6 columns to make the silly column bets. I tally 2-5, 6-9 and then 10-k in my head( ace track some day or I don't mind an ace being my " stump" card if you don't wanna)
    So for example, a count of 6-4-7 respectively...is 2-0-3 . Since the last group consists of 10-k, you can use these groupings for a running count or true count to figure when you should up your bet. Just leave out the middle group. Here we had 1 extra 10-King so it's a running count of -1. Just because a column has a high tally does not mean another one won't come out from that same column, unfortunately. The point though here is people can feel comfortable to now hit on numbers12-16 because there is a little more information to make somewhat of an educated guess at the right time...lol somewhat.
    In roulette it's not unheard of a column to be missing for 20 spins. Well that also means one of these columns we are dealing with could end up missing similarly. But now at least when a hand or two puts us in favor...we have a little bit more information on how to proceed with the best possible outcome. Yes that means hitting on 16 when a lot of 6-k have come out...Perhaps a 2-5 is coming out for your 13-16.
    The idea of DD on some wacky numbers seems possible too as we mentioned..If you had 12 against a dealer 6 and a count of 4,2,12. I would "bet" or even DD on my 12 to steal the dealer's next small card Inncoming all while giving me the best chance to win bc we are keeping track.
    I'm not a master at this Cc method. But I am practicing and working my way into multiple decks. So as long as one gets better then maybe my win% or yours will increase.

This obviously isn't bulletproof so I ask that people take into mind things like losing streaks. They will come no matter what but probably just a little bit less often with a system like this. If you don't know the odds of losing streaks in BJ then you need to be careful....so here is something to help people getting into BJ.

Losing streak averages: (approximations)
    2 losses in a row...happens 1 in 3 tries
    3 losses in a row...happens1 in 6 tries
    4 losses...happens 1 in 12
    5...1 in 25
    6...1 in 45
    7..1 in 90 and so on.

Now just because this Tarzan method or any card counting method increases the win %. It doesn't mean that the streaks will not come. Sorry for sounding like a ploppy I just don't want anyone to ramp big time and enter a losing streak bc you were "due".

Yea that seems true. Its crazy. Because now it's like we're are getting into the gamblers fallacy bc we predict losing streaks. Well what is going to happen. When you should have been ducking...and you are knocked out for the evening.

Good point Moses..At that point standard deviation should take over right?
    As far as bigger bets with 6-9 due....I'm not sure it seems to be such a good idea. I have no math to prove that of course or disprove.
    I originally thought this up because I wanted to hit on 12-16 and feel comfortable with not busting or even busting bc my decision was based off the past knowledge (the count)of what the deck composition should be and BS. I wanted to elevate my game to mimic a high roller that inspired me to understand blackjack ( everyday we learn more). He was doing things like DD on 12 and even 13 and 14 from what I remember. He would hit 16 and land in the $ a lot. He won 25000$ when I watched him at the 10$ table. It was amazing and unbelievable. I guess he lost 6000 before I sat down but he won over 20000 when I watched him and he was still playing when I left the table. So..from here it seems like practicing is important you know. I don't have a computer to make any simulations of this Tarzan method. My guess is there are a lot of proper plays based on the "tally" count.

Practice makes permanent.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    "Tarzan would know more than me. I count more columns to get better matchups."
    Tarzan would not distinguish this with a comment, but it would be nice to see

moses
    apologize for implying he counts "more columns to get better matchups."

He did state that Tarzan is more knowledgeable, but that understates the issue.

T count is keeping a series of numbers instead of a single number going up and down a number line. Instead of "+3", it is referred to it as "3-0-0". Instead of "-3", It's referred to it as "0-0-3". The plot thickens considerably from there, but this series of numbers is the primary count. Using the primary count in conjunction with the right side counts, for any configuration at any level of pen, you can determine very precise RC/TC and insurance. This series of numbers in the primary count also puts you in a specific location on a chart for the hand you are on, based on an even distribution within groupings. Keycard considerations and unbalanced groupings factored in further alter your position on the chart to attain as close as it gets to perfect play.

Instead of thinking of the index as a single point on a number line that all betting and playing decisions are based upon, you view the index as a line of demarcation that runs through all possible deck compositions, which sounds difficult but it's as easy as reviewing a chart to see what color-coded zone you end up in. It's all mapped out and a matter of memorizing the data. Unbalanced groupings and key cards have exact values for each hand that further define how this line of demarcation runs through the chart. This means that betting and playing decisions are two completely separate evolutions, although both are derived from the same primary count.

Sounds impressive but T Basic does not outperform Hi-Opt2, ASC, full indices. It's only with side counts, sub-groupings, and factoring in key card effect, an expert level of the system, that you are going to get that extra sliver of advantage to outperform it. The system allows for versatility, such as altering side counts for specific playing conditions, and uses the information derived to maximum usefulness. There is a ceiling, and we are truly talking about small differences between the performance of all advanced counts, but the system has been quite effective for me. Flash is a friend that has seen me play, knows a lot about what I do, etc., a biased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    The power of longevity is precious. Almost priceless.
    +1
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    There is no better feeling in the world than dodging a losing streak by betting the minimum when you "know" it's coming.

One player may have bet the minimum because he/she knew more information than someone else, but had no idea at all that they are about to dodge a losing streak.

And when you know a losing streak is due and you bet big multiple times in a row...it's nobody's fault but yours when you lose everything you built.

Sorry, that is not a true statement.
    Last edited by BoSox; 07-27-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Do you have a map for T basic Tarzan? I'm not sure what the key cards are? I'm guessing to side count aces for sure...Idk what others. Is there anything else you can explain about the keycards? Or the subgroups for enhancement?

Even if you could dodge a 'losing streak', you will still come out lower under certain hands about 50% of the time (think hard 16 vs dealer X or A.)

What others think of 'losing streaks' is simply variance. We can't always be right on the mean of our results. Sometimes the sum of our deviations will appear and we will see, over the long run, that we will have an advantage. I cannot take into account these so-called streaks because as long as I am well banked, I can ride the tides of blackjack for days!

Now, what T does is takes into account all cards and their expected values for the hand made up. Flash made a point to me once, (and it is in ToBJ,) when it comes to side counting 7's. HO-II does track sevens for betting, but for playing it is weak as the +1 tag fails to take into account the magnitude of the seven for hands like hard 14 vs 7. Think of the playing correlation for doubling 10 vs 10 under Hi-Lo and the same correlation for 10 vs 10 under HO-II. Now, consider the following: Which count would offer the best playing decision on doubling 10 vs 10? Certainly HO-II would be the winner here right? *I leave this as an exercise to the reader.

To really appreciate the T count, one must read further into ToBJ. Even as I re-read Griffins work, I still learn something new.

**I do not use T's system, nor do I have any knowledge of the system except what he has offered online.

Do you have a map for T basic Tarzan? I'm not sure what the key cards are? I'm guessing to side count aces for sure...Idk what others. Is there anything else you can explain about the keycards? Or the subgroups for enhancement?
    Learning the T count is more than just tracking groups. It strength comes from its high BC, PE, and IC.

If you have ToBJ, look up...I think it is Ch 5...on multi-parameter systems. Something there would be an initial primer to getting started with T count.

I can throw some guesses out there for keycards....but Idk what the counts would be and exactly all situations too

Banned or Suspended

+1

T3 and ZMF, you might want to ask Tarzan whether his system takes Sklansky-like key card effects into account. You might be shocked!!!

After all, that is exactly what Professor Edward Gordon, a/k/a D.H. Mitchell did in developing the DHM Expert and DHM Ultimate Systems. Check out the 1978 Gambling Times article exploring Professor Gordon's DHM systems vis-a-vis other professional and expert level systems, specifically including Hi-Opt II.

"http://www.gamblingtimes.com/blackjack/blackjack_10.html"

As the apeman recently posted, those key card effects are part of the reason why arguably the T Count can, in certain limited circumstances, outperform Hi-Opt II with its Ace side count.
    Last edited by Frank Galvin; 07-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast