See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roulette/Tarzan

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Roulette/Tarzan

Hey everyone again????. I'm back. Hopefully with something of great interest bc I am very much so.
    I'm practicing card counting finally and am using a basic 2-7 and 8-k(ace track). At the same time I'm also practicing a count I thought I came up with but obviously seems to be out there. Long story short...I keep track of columns well in roulette and incorporated a similar method to keep track of 3 columns on the card # scale. While looking for an optimal method for card counting...I came upon the Gordon method as the cream of the crop...which then led me to the DHME expert method and then...my roulette method ( I thought)..Or the Tarzan Method.
    Being a beginner at card counting...I wanted to know if it's worth pursuing this Tarzan method that I thought was ingenious but a tough skill that one could become better at with more practice.
    Besides Tarzan if it's legit as have been being quoted...what's the best system for 8deck das LS and even no LS.? I was debating Zen and hi opt2.
    Are there any stats or graphs to compare some of these systems. Words of encouragement to utilize a nice counting system is what I need...through math...lol. TTY soon.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 02-28-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    "I was debating Zen and hi opt2."
    Clear Choice is Hi-Opt II

It is really difficult to practice it changing from REKO to Hi Opt II. Great count but hard. But I'm stubborn, I strongly hope It will have its positive result...

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Bricklayer,

I am a "student" of the game, by which I mean, I scour the internet and libraries for blackjack counting systems and related research. A few years back, I was able to find information on the Fristedt-Heath System, which led Professor Gordon, a/k/a D.H. Mitchell, to develop the DHM Basic, DHM Professional, DHM Expert and DHM Ultimate counting systems. I suspect that Tarzan's system is most akin to a hybrid between DHM Expert and DHM Ultimate from the articles I have read regarding the DHM systems, as well as what he has shared publicly here and on other Blackjack related website fora (Is that correct Don?).

Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate anyone who had copies of the DHM Expert or DHM Ultimate systems sold by Professor Gordon, oops, D.H. Miller. Closest I got was with Michael Dalton's website catalog, but although he listed those systems, he did not have any copies.

I see that you have not subscribed to this website's forum, and consequently can't exchange PM's. Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] so that we can discuss further.
    Last edited by Frank Galvin; 07-25-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

If you are referring to ZMF as the largest advocate for Tarzan, I would slightly disagree with you. He is a long-time acquaintance of the Ape-Man, and essentially they are really good friends.

But ZMF advocates for Hi-Opt II (with good reason), based upon his long-term utilization of it, his frequent mentoring of new card counters with the ability, drive and predilection for learning one of the most powerful Level 2 counts out there, and his multi-decade experience of gains and +EV using it as opposed to other linear systems.

Tarzan's system, as you know, is not a linear system that can truly be described as Level 1, 2, 3 or higher. Just as your use of columns in a different manner, is not linear, and I suspect Bricklayer's methodology does not employ a linear approach to card counting.

That's why I asked Bricklayer to e-mail me so that I can converse with him to explore the differences between his methods and practices, hopefully get some documentation from the "lost" teachings of Professor Gordon (D.H. Mitchell), and compare his approach with that deployed by Tarzan (based solely upon his postings, because we all know that he has repeatedly explained that he isn't sure whether he will ever share his inner workings with anyone).

I hope to develop my own approach, after digesting whatever information I can gather based upon the information published by Fristedt-Heath, what I have been able to amass that was published about Professor Gordon's methods, and from postings by Tarzan and Bricklayer (and from you to some extent). I had hoped Bricklayer had a PM here, but alas, since he doesn't, my only means of communicating with him offline would be through e-mails.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Banned or Suspended

Tarzan and I both recognize a singular fact.

The Tarzan Count is an R.C.H. [a bit] stronger
    than Hi-Opt II with Side-Counted Aces; but
    most Card Counters lack "The Right Stuff",
    [the particular mentality and study skills and
    'drive'] that would make the Tarzan Count a
    plausible A. P. tool.

The real value of the Tarzan Count lies not only
    in the mathematical advantage but in the truly
    "odd-looking" plays that are found, confusing
    Pit Bosses and Surveillance alike. When was the
    last time you doubled with a hand of 12?

The power of longevity is precious. Almost priceless.

Yep the point was to do things like hit on 16 and feel comfy. And DD on some other crazy numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Yep the point was to do things like hit on 16 and feel comfy. And DD on some other crazy numbers.
    I can appreciate that play, but from Tarzan's postings, imagine being faced with a 12 against a dealer's 6 upcard, all the while knowing that there is a serious imbalance of excess 6-9 cards. Sklansky's key card concept come home to roost.

Double that hand knowing your odds are enhanced by that deck composition, and the dealer being more likely to bust due to all of the 6, 7, 8 and 9 cards.

So no literature on this considering its rarity. Cool I feel smart...lol

BAC,

When you said you "prefer to tally columns", please elaborate what you do.

Tarzan, from what I understand, compares three (3) columns -- 2's-5's against 10's; 10's against 6's-9's; and 2's-5's against 6's-9's. He side counts Aces. He is always reducing down to zero (0) one of the three (3) columns (excluding the Aces).

Is that what you do? If not, what are you doing when you "tally" the columns?

What does BAC mean?

Seems like a yeehaw to me

BAC is the acronym for the labor union that represents bricklayers and other related tradespeople.

What "seems like a yeehaw" to you?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast