Thread: Three or four hand lateral spreading

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Three or four hand lateral spreading

Hi everyone- it's been a long time. Quick answers- yes I'm alive, yes still blasting multiple orange occasionally, but not full time anymore.

Am interested in the effect of spreading laterally to 3 or 4 hands at higher counts. I know card eating results in fewer rounds, but I am trying to figure out what the effective spread is in a 3 or 4 hand scenario and change in SCORE given that variance is higher. Let's assume I spread 1-40 or 80 on 2 hands usually. How many hands does it take until effective spread reaches a plateau because of variance?

Follow up question- are multiple hands 3 or 4 vs 2, worth it in a shuffle tracking scenario.

Burn the town scenario- I don't care about heat or SCORE as long as it's above 30. Table max is too low for me otherwise at 400 which is why I need to get more $$ on the table.

If your desired bet is say $1600 and the table max is $400 then spreading laterally is a good way to accomplish this. For playing three hands you can bet 56% of your normal max bet on each spot and have the same ROR with higher EV per round. The card eating effect isn't as big a deal in your situation given that you will be putting in significantly more action (with multiple spots) because whether you are playing 1 spot or 3 you will presumably be betting table max. Technically if heat is not a concern and you still desire more action to meet your optimal bet based on your advantage more lateral bets are always better. As a practical matter I wouldn't put more than my optimal max bet in play, broken down into smaller wagers. So if my max bet was $1600 I would cap out at 4 x 400.

Thanks Meistro- you are a good dude, shame that we didn't have a chance to interact, hope you're doing well in PLO.

Spreading to multiple hands effects game performance depending upon the number of players seated at the table, it is most effective at a full table.

A simple analogy assumes that you and the dealer each consume 2 cards each totalling 4 cards whereby spreading to two hands will consume 150% more cards.

If you are playing with 4 players including yourself and a dealer, assume 10 cards per round, spreading to two hands doubles your actions but only consumes 120% more cards per round.

The cumulative effect of multiple hands really needs to be simmed to take into consideration the players seated at the table consuming cards.

orange is $5000 ! Right? or $1000 ?

No blue is $5000, orange is just $1000, my top bet is 2x3k, though I prefer to max out at 2x2k.

Is it possible to run the effect of spreading from 1-2-3-4 hands even on CVCX? Yes it makes sense to me at a full table you want to try and increase your likelihood of getting those black jacks on your 3-4 squares vs the dealer and other players. How about if you are playing heads up vs. the dealer or just with another player? In this case I assume 3-4 hands may not be beneficial?

Norm, can you please help me with a sim for this? I'm basically interested in 1 hand $25 tc 1- 2x100, tc 2- 2x200, tc 3 2x400, tc 4 3x400, tc 5 4x400, especially in comparison to just 2x400 at tc3. Thank you.

You might consider investing $100 in CVData....

Although ACFERRET put it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    Is it possible to run the effect of spreading from 1-2-3-4 hands even on CVCX? Yes it makes sense to me at a full table you want to try and increase your likelihood of getting those black jacks on your 3-4 squares vs the dealer and other players. How about if you are playing heads up vs. the dealer or just with another player? In this case I assume 3-4 hands may not be beneficial?

Norm, can you please help me with a sim for this? I'm basically interested in 1 hand $25 tc 1- 2x100, tc 2- 2x200, tc 3 2x400, tc 4 3x400, tc 5 4x400, especially in comparison to just 2x400 at tc3. Thank you.