See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Bankroll Excursions - CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bankroll Excursions - CVData

Sorry, the on-line "help" pages do not seem to correspond to the chart on 'bankroll excursions'. Here is the help page:

Streaks – Bankroll Excursions – This table shows the maximum negative excursions your bankroll reaches during the sim. The bankroll deltas reflect how far your bankroll dips from your previous units high win. The bottom of the table tracks each player's sim highs. That is, the highest bankroll at any point in the sim, lowest bankroll, highest win rate in an hour and lose rate in an hour. The Maximum Negative Swing is the greatest drop from a high point to a low point that is never again reached. The Current Negative Swing is the number of units that you ended below your peak.

And here is the chart itself:

<= 50 >50 >100 >200 >300 >400 >500 >750 >1000
    1.6947e10 1.0325e9 584,974,500 200,671,600 98,718,940 56,460,800 66,7852,360 25,942,830 20,675,040

The 'help' seems to imply there is more data to be seen. Perhaps it is no longer part of the output.

But how to I correctly interpret what I'm looking at? At this time I am making assumptions.

Sorry about the formatting. I tried a cut & paste, which didn't work.

Thanks
    Last edited by terry0222; 07-19-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ahh, those stats were removed long ago. IIRC, because they tend to be meaningless with sims that are long enough to be meaningful.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Fair enough.

But, for the data that is produced, exactly *what* is being reported? For instance, what does the 'bucket' of, for instance, > 200 mean? I infer it's the maximum retreat from a high before achieving a new high. But, my assumptions may be invalid.

Separately, if something is reported in the > 300 bucket, is it also reported in the <= 50, >50, and >200 buckets ?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Yes to the first question. No to the second.

I remember now why I removed the bottom of the table. The Session Function was added and created far more flexible, meaningful data.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I'll look at Session data. Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yes to the first question. No to the second.

I remember now why I removed the bottom of the table. The Session Function was added and created far more flexible, meaningful data.
    Hey, just wanted to say I've taken a look at the Session function. VERY NICE.

I've used the aggregate data from CVData and CVCX extensively. But, let's face it --- we grind it out hour by hour. Yes, it's all 'one long session.' But a lot can happen between Day 1 and the 'long run.' This tab helps a lot. Thanks!