Thread: How long

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How long

So, a nearby area requires you to play rated, OR pay an ante.
    I have played rated. In the past, they have been very tolerant, and I've been very polite. In fact, this was critical in growing my bankroll, as they offer excellent games, but lowish table max. In other words, a great red chip game.
    Last time I was there, they did a skills check. It was obvious to the point I suspect they wanted me to know. The pit counted down the discards, and (not making a word of this up) grabbed a paper and clipboard and noted every card played during the shoe.
    It was amaturish, so I was confused as to whether the pit was actually skilled enough to know what he was doing, if he wanted to send a message, or if this was their actual protocol.
    My response was to progressive bet the shoe. Lost $70. He seemed satisfied. I played two more shoes for good measure, playing a break even game, and left.
    It's been about three months. I'll be in the area again tomorrow. If it's a different shift, do you think I'll be okay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Anybody that needs a clipboard and a pen to determine if you are counting is not qualified to make such a determination.

How do you know it was a skills check? Were you playing alone?

Protocol? to write down all the cards? I don't think so.

So, he either made you or he didn't. What are you accomplishing playing two more shoes at break even. Did he count the discards and get out his clipboard on these shoes? Are you trying to UN-ring the bell?

If he did, then you would have been history immediately.

If you feel heat and fear the results, then leave, don't reinforce their impression of you by playing two shoes for cover! The best cover is to show them nothing.

As far as tomorrow, you will be OK until you are not!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!