See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Fast Can You Count?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How Fast Can You Count?

Just a demonstration of a simple way to get better and faster at counting.
    Anything below 20 seconds is a very good time.
    Practice makes perfect. Good Luck at the tables!
    Last edited by BlackjackPerfect; 05-21-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Counting fast is like drag racing is to the Indy 500.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Counting a level one count ~ a kindergartner can do at warp speed.

Counting down a deck in 20 seconds comes in handy just in case you should ever run into a dealer that doles out an entire 6 deck shoe in less than two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Counting down a deck in 20 seconds comes in handy just in case you should ever run into a dealer that doles out an entire 6 deck shoe in less than two minutes.
    haha
    I knew this one was going to get some good responses. Except I was expecting a comment at about the 13 second mark.

I've found 3 dealers about that fast. OK maybe not quite, but they certainly try. Love them <3.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This topic again? Does the player who counts down a deck in 18 seconds win more than one who takes 25 seconds? Does this *trick* make one a better player? Does it really relate to live table play? I suggest that there are more productive ways to spend practice time. Learn a stronger count. Expand your index play. That's one that will actually get you more money. Leave the tricks to the magicians and go for something proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    This dealer exists

Well ,you need a dealer willing to deal fast first , most don't want to. depends on your game plan , speed and not always the most important factor although it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    Well ,you need a dealer willing to deal fast first , most don't want to. depends on your game plan , speed and not always the most important factor although it's important.
    Short of a blackjack paying 3:2, or being able to DoA/DAS, I can't imagine anything more important than speed. Speed and penetration, aside from rules, are the two most important factors in counting, and they end up being two sides of the same coin. You can beat average/poor penetration with speed, and you can beat average/poor speed with penetration. You wouldn't choose to play a game with great rules and poor speed, and you wouldn't choose to play a game with great rules with poor penetration.

However, choosing an average rule game with average or better penetration, with average or better speed has got to be fundamentally the most important thing to scout for, and for this reason I put the effort of scouting far and beyond the importance of SCORE in game selection. This of course has always been a debated topic, as others believe that playing the highest possible SCORE game available, despite its speed would result in the most profitable of selections. I myself have bills to pay, bills that need to be paid from being an AP, so speed comes paramount, second comes penetration, lastly comes rules. This, of course, implies a general understanding that outside of the confines of Las Vegas, good games actually exist at reasonable stakes with low levels of heat.

That being said, counting down a deck in under 20 seconds, despite being cool, is rather impractical. I myself practice with 2-6 cards dealt at any one time, with a few removed from the deck to check for accuracy, it helps to train the cross-cancellation portion of speeding up your brain and eyes and getting them to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I do 6 cards removed from 2 decks. I keep a balanced level 2 count and a balanced level 3 count simultaneously with some ranks counted in opposite directions in each counts. My fastest time is 18 seconds per deck but I am trying for accuracy not speed. Usually I am around 20-22 seconds/deck. Certain configurations require me to slow down a hair and I might get a time as slow as 26 seconds/deck. Due to the added information gathered I can say the exact composition of the 6 cards expressed as number of aces, number of T's, and point count of the low cards (since it is a multilevel count).

Practice makes perfect.
    Tthree, wondering if you would mind expounding on this sentence please: "I keep a balanced level 2 count and a balanced level 3 count simultaneously with some ranks counted in opposite directions in each counts." I know what balanced/level counts are of course, but as to both the first and second part of that sentence I`m lost on exactly what you`re doing....

Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
    I can't imagine anything more important than speed
    being able to play , using a strong system for better games , other methods , team play etc....not getting bar , cutting down expenses, certainty or CE. If you can only play for 1 cycle whereas i can play for 3,4 hours . speed is a tell . almost never seen a ploppy that can play that fast . there are very few.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So, some of you think that because you can beat another AP by 3-4 seconds counting down a deck, you are a better AP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast