See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: About ace side count

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    On the Betting tab, click Betting Side Counts. Set the card point values to the difference between the two strategies. The sum of the two counts is used for betting. I can't remember if I tested this for running counts. But, the code for RC counts is in the sim.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    On the Betting tab, click Betting Side Counts. Set the card point values to the difference between the two strategies. The sum of the two counts is used for betting. I can't remember if I tested this for running counts. But, the code for RC counts is in the sim.
    Norm, I am aware of the "Betting Side Count" feature on the "Betting tab" but that is not what I am trying to do. I want to use the sum of the two count for playing NOT betting. There is no playing side count feature but only a Side Count Strategy which bring me to a mult-parameter table.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a huge amount of work for a tiny gain. Normally this is done with an ace-neutral and ace-reckoned count.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Norm, I am aware of the "Betting Side Count" feature on the "Betting tab" but that is not what I am trying to do. I want to use the sum of the two count for playing NOT betting. There is no playing side count feature but only a Side Count Strategy which bring me to a mult-parameter table.

Given the KO count:

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)

BC = .977, PE = .55, IC= .78

Secondary count:

A-0
    2-0
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(0)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)
    Make the main count in the sim the combined playing count:
    A: -1
    2: +1
    3: +2
    4: +2
    5: +2
    6: +2
    7: +1
    8: 0
    9: 0
    T: -2

Make the betting side count the inverse of your secondary count:
    A: 0
    2: 0
    3: -1
    4: -1
    5: -1
    6: -1
    7: 0
    T: +1

The sim will do exactly what you want it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post

Ok,thank you I was thinking about throwing away the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post

I did what you suggested and to my surprise the combination outperform Halves, Omega II with ASC and Hi-OPT II with ASC. So for ferenc11 to answer your question to improve the KO Count you will need to do the following:

Use the KO Count for betting:

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)

Secondary count for playing:

A-(0)
    2-(0)
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(0)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)

Adding the two count together give you the adjusted running for UBZII for playing with running count alone.

moses,

So you want to toy with an unbalanced secondary count (4 -1.5 ten valued cards with no counterweight from cards with positive tag values)? Which by necessity makes your combined count unbalanced.

What benefit/value does an unbalanced secondary (more akin to a side) count of ten valued cards (-1.5 tag value each) provide, and how does this unbalanced secondary count impact your index numbers for deviation plays from basic strategy, assuming it will?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Main count tag values for positive cards aggregate in the sum of +6.0 (let's call this "A"), whereas the three negatively tag valued cards total -6.0 (let's call this "B"). A + B = +6.0 + -6.0 = 0.0 (balanced).

Secondary count assigns -1.5 tag value to 10 valued cards, so totals -6.0 (assuming 4 10 valued cards). There are no positively tag valued counterweight cards in your secondary count, therefore it is not balanced.

Please review, reconsider and reply.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Advanced Omega II without an Ace Side Count is not the "advanced" count.
    I refer you to any edition of the fine book from whence you learned A.O. II

"Blackjack for Blood"

A.O. II is almost as powerful as Hi-Opt II, but is a bit harder to employ as it
    requires counting the 9's. It also overvalues the 6's. Great in pitch games !

Negate the 9 and count A as -1. You have Z/Omega II.

Tthree, am I reading his secondary count correctly?

Every time I see comments like this, they take me back to pms and emails we exchanged regarding your BASC concept, which always zeroed out the aggregate tag values.

Jabberwocky,

It would not be both Zen and Omega II. Omega II is the little sister of Advanced Omega II. Only tag value differential, if even can be conceived in that fashion, is that AO II requires the Ace side count.

So AO II without the side count is Omega II
    Omega II switching -1.0 tag value from Aces to 9s is Zen.

Banned or Suspended

Frank,

This is hilarious.

Doin' 'rithmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Advanced Omega II without an Ace Side Count is not the "advanced" count.
    I refer you to any edition of the fine book from whence you learned A.O. II

"Blackjack for Blood"

A.O. II is almost as powerful as Hi-Opt II, but is a bit harder to employ as it
    requires counting the 9's. It also overvalues the 6's. Great in pitch games !

Right, only adding the Ace side count is really A O II, the advantage of player can improve as much as 0.2% with ace side count

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast