Thread: Emulating Counting Errors - CVCX or CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Emulating Counting Errors - CVCX or CVData

Was wondering if there is any way in CVData (or CVCX) to emulate counting errors. (Specifically, running count errors).

I know that in CVData the user can specify "playing errors per hour" on the Playing Strategies page. However, the 'help' pages indicate these errors relate to such things as hitting incorrectly, splitting incorrectly, etc. Nothing about errors introduced because the running count was "miscounted."

Would be nice if I could "request" the software randomly introduce counting errors, perhaps using a "spinner" to allow a maximum counting error of +/- 1 or 2 or 3 .... n

Any advice? Or is there a feature I am overlooking?

Thanks

Counting errors get more and more costly the deeper you go into the shoe. The denominator of the TC keeps getting smaller so the effect of the error grows exponentially as you approach the shuffle.

Blog Entries

You could use the Custom TC table to throw off the count. But, it might make sense for me to add exactly what you're saying.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You could use the Custom TC table to throw off the count. But, it might make sense for me to add exactly what you're saying.
    I would love to see this added as an additional feature. While I appreciate the fact that CVData has a 'playing errors per hour' feature, I feel most of my errors come from going astray on the running count.

Let me note that I use an unbalanced system (NOT KO, but a 2-level unbalanced count) that I am quite happy with. As a result, my focus is on running count, not the true count. I realize that unbalanced systems are not perfect, but have chosen this approach because I want to avoid the introduction of errors due to deck estimation and conversion errors. I am very happy with my results. BUT, I know that from time-to-time there are no doubt running count errors---and would like to be able to measure the impact of "random" RC errors.

So far, my only work-around has been to run simulations in which I change the IRC to something greater or less-than my 'correct' IRC. (While keeping my indexes the same). This provides some insight as to the impact of an incorrect running count. But, it would be nice to be able to introduce random running count errors, based upon a "spinner" selection. In short, the errors could actually vary through the shoe, emulating errors due to distractions, loss of focus, etc.

Thanks.

Not to oversimplify, but isn't this what the "betting error" and "playing error" features are intended to simulate?; i.e., if you make a mistake in the running count, then you will either make a betting error or playing error or both.

Blog Entries

Close. But, there is a bit of difference.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Close. But, there is a bit of difference.
    So what's the difference? Doesn't simulating betting errors assume the RC is off by +/- 'n' resulting in an incorrect wager? Please elaborate, I'm confused.

I agree with the OP. As a KO player I would like to see a feature simulating being off on the RC.

MJ

Blog Entries

If you make an RC error, the error will persist over multiple hands and its impact will increase as you go deeper in the shoe. It may also worsen if you are prone to counting errors, or reverse. But, it's probably more likely to increase.

If you make an RC error, the error will persist over multiple hands and its impact will increase as you go deeper in the shoe. It may also worsen if you are prone to counting errors, or reverse. But, it's probably more likely to increase.
    So how does CVDATA simulate betting errors? I'm curious to know.

Blog Entries

According to the frequencies that you set and the betting strategy you set, it will randomly step one level up or down in the strategy.

According to the frequencies that you set and the betting strategy you set, it will randomly step one level up or down in the strategy.
    So does that mean even in the beginning of the shoe for a KO player in a 6 deck game the software could potentially jump the bet up one level? That doesn't seem realistic.

Any answers on this Norm? Thanks.

Blog Entries

It might happen rarely in that case. And, it might happen in real play as one of the errors beginners make is to put up a bet according to the count, notg noticing that the cut card has come out, and not wanting to pull it back. Although there really isn't anything wrong with pulling it back in a shoe game while the dealer shuffles.