See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: I may have found the casino with the lowest house edge in the world

  1. #21


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by pet_dander View Post
    Really? I didn't specify in a city of a million people. The blackjack games are a bit strange throughout the country.
    The most interesting fact in the thread us the first sentence in post 14. To dispel your new concern, reread the thread.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    I live in a van down by the river
    Posts
    123


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    He has a bad habit of that. I have asked him on that point as well regarding Canadian games, with a response which essentially was to stick it where the sun don't shine.
    I can't believe he still doesn't get it. What's his other alias? Is he canadianbjguru?

  3. #23


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    I can't believe he still doesn't get it. What's his other alias? Is he canadianbjguru?
    Can't recall if he posted here. Though I don't have access to bj21.com, I've had friends copy paste a few of his posts. That dude us definitely an idiot.

    There is evidence, both pro and con, to support either position. It seemed that guru seemed to post pretty much about Western Canada. He was the topic of a couple if lunches - my thought was he was from Saskatchewan. Then of course, our topic of discussion in this site, has discussed stires across this great Dominion, as well this latest post. Some guys don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Either way....????

  4. #24


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ahhh I've never posted on any blackjack forum before.

  5. #25


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hahaha, what's wrong with that guy

  6. #26


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by pet_dander View Post
    So I was recently at a small casino in Cartagena, Colombia and I'm just wondering if anyone can calculate what the house edge might be since Wizard of Odds doesn't have some of the options I need. It was a manual shoe 6 deck game with almost all the common player edges (3:2 BJ, double on splits, stay on soft 17 etc) and it included early surrender including on an ace. But here's the really weird one, although I couldn't resplit aces I was allowed to double each of them which has to be a nice little edge for the players. The house edge had to be tiny and considering I was drinking free beer, advantage: me.

    Also on a side note, I've seen a couple of casinos in Colombia which have 2 jokers in each shoe and if you get one of these jokers you automatically win the hand, has anyone seen this before?
    Hi there! I'm new to the forum, and a basic H-L AP, currently vacationing in Colombia. Was wondering if I could shoot you a PM for table recommendations. Cheers!

  7. #27


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by pet_dander View Post

    Also on a side note, I've seen a couple of casinos in Colombia which have 2 jokers in each shoe and if you get one of these jokers you automatically win the hand, has anyone seen this before?
    What if dealer gets the joker?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Jabberwocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Agharta
    Posts
    1,711


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    What if dealer gets the joker?

    I believe the dealer simply burns it.

  9. #29


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by pet_dander View Post
    So I was recently at a small casino in Cartagena, Colombia and I'm just wondering if anyone can calculate what the house edge might be since Wizard of Odds doesn't have some of the options I need. It was a manual shoe 6 deck game with almost all the common player edges (3:2 BJ, double on splits, stay on soft 17 etc) and it included early surrender including on an ace. But here's the really weird one, although I couldn't resplit aces I was allowed to double each of them which has to be a nice little edge for the players. The house edge had to be tiny and considering I was drinking free beer, advantage: me.

    Also on a side note, I've seen a couple of casinos in Colombia which have 2 jokers in each shoe and if you get one of these jokers you automatically win the hand, has anyone seen this before?

    If can HIT and DOUBLE on the split ace, it worth +0.18%( +0.1% for HIT plus +0.08% for DOUBLE).

  10. #30


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The rule is NOT doubling (or hitting) split aces, it is splitting aces for double.

    So you start with a $5 bet, and end up with a $20 bet, $10 on each ace. You still only get one card on each ace, no resplitting allowed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Edgeless Online Casino Soon To Open - Zero House Edge
    By drunk in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 06:08 PM
  2. Lowest house edge I can get is .26%?
    By Redwing41 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 12:48 PM
  3. Why does casino assign high limits to blackjack games with lower house edge?
    By seriousplayer in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 10:32 AM
  4. What computer models does the casino use to calculate the house edge?
    By seriousplayer in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:20 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 05:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.