See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best promo/game or funniest dealer mistakes!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I tipped on my bet on both spots and insured the tips and the dealer had BJ and was so happy about getting all the toke money he swept the tables cards without removing anyone's bets.
    Nice return on investment.
    Great brownie points with the dealers (they talk). My tokes are generally the .50 chip going to the dealer, with a dollar put into the square. The simple act of toking another dollar on a double, or insuring a 1.00 toke with a .50 piece. Insuring a dollar toke on 1 occasion, , dealer was so excited, i thought she was going to have an orgasm. Regardless of the inevitable backoff, these simple things do provide rewards at low cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Originally Posted by Tthree:
    "I tipped on my bet on both spots and insured the tips and the dealer had BJ and was so happy about getting all the toke money he swept the tables cards without removing anyone's bets."

Freight man's response:
    "Nice return on investment.
    Great brownie points with the dealers (they talk). My tokes are generally the .50 chip going to the dealer, with a dollar put into the square. The simple act of toking another dollar on a double, or insuring a 1.00 toke with a .50 piece. Insuring a dollar toke on 1 occasion, , dealer was so excited, i thought she was going to have an orgasm. Regardless of the inevitable backoff, these simple things do provide rewards at low cost."
    Yeah, 4:1 on insurance is nice.

I once had a dealer entirely flip over his hole card as if he was dealing to another player. He just flipped it back over without notifying anyone. I used the opportunity to surrender a likely shitty hand against his 19.

Another dealer thought 4 purple chips were worth $4,000 and straight paid me an extra $2,000 in black chips for joining the table. I was surprised nobody else at the table caught the mistake (or they were very good at pretending not to notice). No phone calls from surveillance either.

I've also seen a couple dealers who thought 678 added up to 22. Seriously, how stupid can you be?

I had a dealer once that counted an ace as 1 or 11 for the players but always counted it as an 11 for the dealer's hand. The dealer kept busting by drawing an ace as the card that busted his hand because it was always an 11. Did it for the entire shift. He was the relief dealer. The main dealer must have been used to dealing Baccarat because he cut of a little more than 1/4 deck of cards and dealt a round after the cut card came out. He also would always check for BJ before asking for insurance and say ,"Oh, I forget to ask if you wanted insurance but I know none of you want it anyway", when he didn't have BJ. Or say, "I forgot to ask about insurance so now's the time to take it", when he did have it. I didn't need a TC to have 100% insurance win rate. It saved me big bucks in potential lost insurance bets in the high counts where I would normally insure and allowed me to win insurance anytime the dealer had BJ. Needless to say that was a day I camped fora shift. I didn't lose money but I didn't make much. I guess I would have gotten killed without all the extras.

Best promo/game or funniest dealer mistakes!

Pop goes the weasel.
    Last edited by pilotzone; 11-04-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKevinB View Post
    Had a slower player, and even a more slow witted dealer one time. Players finished their hands, dealer broke her hand, paid everyone. Next hand she deals out hands to everyone, then goes to first sq to complete his action, player 5-4-3-A-Q, dealer says 9 sir, player hits, players asked what do I have, dealer 12 sir, player tries to count it himself, then hits again for an ace. Player looks and looks, dealer says in a French accent, you have 13 sir, player waits as he tries to add it himself, dealer again announces in an pissy tone, 13 sir!! Player snaps back, I don't trust your adding, you just hit you 17 last hand. Dealer annoyed, says sir that was soft 17, 10-6-A-J (27), when there is an ace in it, it is a soft 17!! Player was right, she was wrong, but I would never tell her that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You mean.......like this
    https://youtu.be/HkzMA1jrm00

Yes like this!
    Last edited by pilotzone; 08-01-2017 at 12:41 AM.

I once handed the cashier at the window for poker 3,000 and asked for 7 green, 2 thousand black, and 3 red. She counts out 30 benjamins and starts grabbing racks of green. She puts 7 THOUSAND in green along with 2k black and 300 red on the counter.

She then calls a verify over, she tells the verify "he wants 7k green, 2k black, 300 red." The verify asks her "did you count the money?" To which she replies a simple "yes".

Would have 100% been able to take it if the verify person didnt think something odd was happening, would have had to bolt for the door though with my racks of green lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKevinB View Post
    Yes like this! You would have thought that they would get a real dealer to deal in the movie. This guy may have never dealt in his life. Notice how sq1 finished his hand 17-4, and Austin only has one card, a three then he is dealt a two, which would be a dead hand, a misdeal. Agreed??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well, after all, it was Austin Powers

Cashing out almost $30k in purple at a store where big action is $50 bets. Cashier sees the chips, looks like a deer in headlights. Then a lightbulb goes off, she probably thinks, "Well, they're just chips, I'll do the same thing I normally do!" She continues to break the purple down into stacks of TWO (not 4), for $1k each, about 30 mini-stacks across, and does not re-stack them up to stacks of 20. At this point, mind you, I haven't even given up my ID or players card. She grabs the almost $30k, starts running it through the money counter, then yells "verify!" While she starts counting out my money onto the desk, supervisor comes over, sees what's going on, and, "Did you get his ID, SSN, file (W9 or some form)?" .. "No, why?" .. "Wait, why are the chips like tha......OK, everything you've done here is wrong, completely wrong!"
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

[QUOTE=RollingStoned;220048]
    Last edited by pilotzone; 08-01-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Recently when I had a max bet out a dealer hit A8 twice and bust. A ploppy asked her why she hit it, and she said because A-8-6 was only 15! Fortunately the ploppy didn't argue with her so we all kept our money.

At work (dealing), floor came over to my table and said, "I don't know what to do. X just had an Ace showing, asked for insurance, people took insurance. He checks for blackjack, nobody home. He finishes dealing the round, flips the hole card and it's a ten. He hits it, gets a 9. Hits again with a 6 and busts. Pays the table then puts the cards in the discard rack then continues dealing as normal. I just turned around and left."
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123