See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noted Airlines employee training vudeo

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The CEO should have kept his mouth shut until the situation was fully assessed, making only a general statement that "The matter is being looked into and blah blah blah" in the meantime instead of attempting to smear the passenger, praise his employees on a job well done, put out a memo to employees about "flying right" and then upon the media shitstorm hitting, flip it around entirely with a seemingly insincere speech on how suddenly he now thinks they might have handled it better.

Based on what you get out of his initial statements, it's a speech that he wouldn't be making unless he had to and when he got back to his office, I wonder if he asked those in his inner circle, "Did I sound convincing enough to those fuckers? I'd like to take some brass knuckles to each and every one of them for threatening my cash flow with their whiney shit!", or words to that effect. His apologetic speech right out the starting gate would have seemed a little more sincere than the way he played it, suddenly scrambling to say whatever apologetic bullshit he thinks he needs to say that completely contradicts what he was saying 24 hours prior before the media shitstorm.

Our WSOP friend got a few teeth broken out, a broken nose, and a concussion is what I'm hearing. The guy is 69 years old, so luckily they didn't injure him far worse than they did or kill him.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    The CEO should have kept his mouth shut until the situation was fully assessed, making only a general statement that "The matter is being looked into and blah blah blah" in the meantime instead of attempting to smear the passenger, praise his employees on a job well done, put out a memo to employees about "flying right" and then upon the media shitstorm hitting, flip it around entirely with a seemingly insincere speech on how suddenly he now thinks they might have handled it better.

Based on what you get out of his initial statements, it's a speech that he wouldn't be making unless he had to and when he got back to his office, I wonder if he asked those in his inner circle, "Did I sound convincing enough to those fuckers? I'd like to take some brass knuckles to each and every one of them for threatening my cash flow with their whiney shit!", or words to that effect. His apologetic speech right out the starting gate would have seemed a little more sincere than the way he played it, suddenly scrambling to say whatever apologetic bullshit he thinks he needs to say that completely contradicts what he was saying 24 hours prior before the media shitstorm.

Our WSOP friend got a few teeth broken out, a broken nose, and a concussion is what I'm hearing. The guy is 69 years old, so luckily they didn't injure him far worse than they did or kill him.
    So Tarzan isn't David Dao? I always imagine Tarzan is David Dao.

Too funny not to post! Airlines really do treat people more like cargo than humans these days. Years ago, they served a meal if the flight was during lunch or dinner time, the stewardesses were very friendly, people would slug a few drinks and chat amongst each other, and the seating was less cramped.

Now you get a flight attendant (I guess we no longer call them a stewardess) that stares you down while she is getting your drink with an evil glint in her eye as if she is fantasizing about how much fun it would be to get an air marshall to beat the living shit out of you if you give her a hard time, people are very quiet and don't converse, staring intently at their devices, head popping up once in a while and looking around nervously like a chipmunk peeking it's head out of a hole before going right back to their devices.

The difference? A stewardess was friendly and chatty and would ask if you would like anything else. A flight attendant stares down the crowd, performs minimally at best in an emotionless, robotic fashion, and has the disposition of a cornered, wounded badger in many instances. You get to deal with them right after getting stripped down and getting your balls felt up by your friendly and fun-loving TSA.

I'm not feeling much sorrow for United or the airline industry in general for that matter. It's about the dollar signs and if they can provide shittier service for less expense, then so be it. Need to beat the fuck out of a passenger to prove a point? Sure, why not, then so be it! Or so they thought, until the media backlash occurred causing a potential threat, the only threat or issue they truly care about, the $. How they treat customers is a non-issue to them and only becomes an issue to them if it threatens their bottom line.

C9GpImkUwAE53lv.jpg

Aren't we all in business ultimately for money?

Corporate America continues to prove the need for lawyers. Greedy idiots!!!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

I'm an Adam Smith conservative on economic issues. But as for air travel, I have painfully come to the conclusion that the airlines need to be re-regulated. Yes, the prices will go up and air travel will not be as affordable to the masses. But I don't see any other way at this point....

They served meals years ago but they were "Continental" then. The merger with United led to the end of the customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Too funny not to post! Airlines really do treat people more like cargo than humans these days. Years ago, they served a meal if the flight was during lunch or dinner time, the stewardesses were very friendly, people would slug a few drinks and chat amongst each other, and the seating was less cramped.

Now you get a flight attendant (I guess we no longer call them a stewardess) that stares you down while she is getting your drink with an evil glint in her eye as if she is fantasizing about how much fun it would be to get an air marshall to beat the living shit out of you if you give her a hard time, people are very quiet and don't converse, staring intently at their devices, head popping up once in a while and looking around nervously like a chipmunk peeking it's head out of a hole before going right back to their devices.

The difference? A stewardess was friendly and chatty and would ask if you would like anything else. A flight attendant stares down the crowd, performs minimally at best in an emotionless, robotic fashion, and has the disposition of a cornered, wounded badger in many instances. You get to deal with them right after getting stripped down and getting your balls felt up by your friendly and fun-loving TSA.

I'm not feeling much sorrow for United or the airline industry in general for that matter. It's about the dollar signs and if they can provide shittier service for less expense, then so be it. Need to beat the fuck out of a passenger to prove a point? Sure, why not, then so be it! Or so they thought, until the media backlash occurred causing a potential threat, the only threat or issue they truly care about, the $. How they treat customers is a non-issue to them and only becomes an issue to them if it threatens their bottom line.

C9GpImkUwAE53lv.jpg
    I was on American Aurlines, with snotty bitches masquerading as "flight attendants". We were really late arriving, so I asked the witch to radio ahead and order me a sandwich. I got the evil eye, both from the witch and my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was on American Aurlines, with snotty bitches masquerading as "flight attendants". We were really late arriving, so I asked the witch to radio ahead and order me a sandwich. I got the evil eye, both from the witch and my wife.
    Were you sitting in the first class?

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Were you sitting in the first class?

Nope. Mind you, on boarding - AA had really screwed us over on the trip down, so, upon boarding, I was on my cell phone to somebody, commenting audibly that AA had really screwed up our vacation, about how bad they were, that I would never fly that piece of shit airline again - further commenting - get ready

"But I do have some good news - I just saved hundreds of dollars on my car insurance by switching to Geico". This was about 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Hello
    You are conducting the good Strategy execution training program to train your employee.
    I am also looking to conduct that kind of training program.
    Last edited by swati10; 08-17-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123