Thread: Almost Heat

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Almost Heat

I’ve been going to Nassau, Bahamas three or four times a year for over 20 years plus, there is never any type of heat providing you don’t split tens. Split tens and the dealer starts yelling; “splitting tens”, pit boss comes over and it just gets ugly from there. Since I go frequently I know most of the dealers and pit bosses, the ones you play with and the ones you stay away from. Conditions are 6D, S17, 3/2 BJ, 1.25 – 1.5 penetration, CMS on $10 tables, almost impossible to Wong, just too many people waiting for a seat at 10, 15, 25 tables, no mid-shoe entry on $50+ tables.

On my last trip I noticed a new pit boss; he was the new “stud” of pit bosses, watching over every table like it was his money the house was playing with. The first night I played I was up and decided to call it a night because we had been traveling all day and the hour was getting late, dealer yells “coloring up” and who comes over but the stud, I bought in for $500 and cashed out with $1,250. Not bad for three hours of work, as I was walking away from the table I noticed the “stud” having a conservation with the dealer and both were staring at me.

The next evening I was playing and who appears but the “stud” BP, he standing at the opposite end of the table from me just watching everything I do. So let’s have some fun playing with this guy’s head, if you have ever been Atlantis you know its “ploppy heaven”. The next hand the guy next to me gets deal 6-6, dealer has a deuce up, and everyone else has a pat hand, he asks the table what do they want him to do, my reply was well “the deuce is the dealer’s ace and no one else is going to take a card, so you may want to take a hit”. The “stud BP” looks at me and puts a stupid smirk on his face, the guys hits and gets a 7, dealer has 12 hits makes 17.

Next another pit boss comes over (I’ve known this BP for years) to the stud and they start talking, the next thing I know the stud comes over to me and says the other BP said I was a good guy and to leave me alone, but I have a feeling your a counter. Then he asks do I count, I replied yup, "I count deuces because they are a dealers ace, and I count aces because they give the player the best chance to win, and to balance everything off I count eights to check where the average ace, deuce count should be, and then I use a progression to determine my bet. And right now there have been 8 eights played, 4 aces and 9 deuces, so the cards favor the player watch, I’m going to press my bet until I get that whole row of greens." Actually the count was a +2.

Bet 75, win,
    Bet goes to 150, win, “please pay it as it lays”,
    Bet the whole stack of 300 green, win,
    “Green please”, the count is still in my favor, stack of 600 green, win,
    Can I have the remaining greens in that row.
    Yes, I had a pile of 1200 in green in one stack.

Stud PB asks now what, (the count was still positive) so I say “let’s gamble”. Dealt a 16 against face card, hit a deuce, dealer turns over the 7. Win.

You can have you greens back, color me up please. He never bothered with me again; over the next couple of days I won enough to pay for most of the trip.

Congratulations on your win. Since you laid the play out in a public forum if the "stud BP" reads this board you will be 86 the next time you try to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    Congratulations on your win. Since you laid the play out in a public forum if the "stud BP" reads this board you will be 86 the next time you try to play there.
    Good point, ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    CSM's are not subject to counting.
    Yes they are (not everywhere of course). Not the subject of the thread though.
    Last edited by bjarg; 01-21-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Yes they are (not everywhere of course). Not the subject of the thread though.
    Marginally, because of the buffer, depending on the number of decks and if any hands are held out. There's an analysis on discountgambling.net, but we're pretty much talking semantics, no one is going to chase the couple tenths of a percent advantage. Unless there's something more you referring to, in which case I'm skeptical.

Pointless, self-indulgent thread with way TMI!

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Marginally, because of the buffer, depending on the number of decks and if any hands are held out. There's an analysis on discountgambling.net, but we're pretty much talking semantics, no one is going to chase the couple tenths of a percent advantage. Unless there's something more you referring to, in which case I'm skeptical.
    Nope, thats not what im referring to. I already made the mistake of talking about it in public. PM me if you want to know what I meant.

Good read, but I'd edit out details and/or make them different. I'll remember that strategy if it ever happens to me.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

good story, and a ballsy tactic that seemed to have worked for you. but I still vote TMI in the details.

As far as the CSM, bjarg, you must know something I don't. besides the buffer: +1 - skeptical.