See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Dan Gordon

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

RIP Dan Gordon

Not sure how many here knew him, but Dan Gordon passed away yesterday.
    Very sad news.

Banned or Suspended

......... Rest In Peace

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Not sure how many here knew him, but Dan Gordon passed away yesterday.
    Very sad news.
    I spoke to Dan in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. You may know that we were friends for over 25 years. How did you learn of this? I have his brother's (Ken) number at his law firm in NYC and can call him tomorrow, but I don't have his home phone.

Any further information you can give me will be much appreciated.

Don

Don't know this fellow, but googled Dan Gordon Blackjack, and came up with this link which I think is him.
    Looks interesting.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Memoirs-Sports.../dp/B003M68WEA

Blog Entries

We have 1,700 of Dan's posts archived in a hidden forum here. If we made the archive visible, it might be of interest to sports bettors. Up to the membership, assuming I could work out the copyright issues.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-19-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    with this link which I think is him
    Yes, he also wrote Las Vegas Blackjack Diary under the pseudonym Stuart Perry.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I spoke to Dan in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. You may know that we were friends for over 25 years. How did you learn of this? I have his brother's (Ken) number at his law firm in NYC and can call him tomorrow, but I don't have his home phone.

Any further information you can give me will be much appreciated.

Don
    Hi Don.
    Yes, I knew you were acquainted.
    I'm waiting for information on the memorial service from a friend of his (no date has been set yet).
    I can share that with you if I get it, but you'll probably have it first if you do talk to his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Don't know this fellow, but googled Dan Gordon Blackjack, and came up with this link which I think is him.
    Looks interesting.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Memoirs-Sports.../dp/B003M68WEA
    He did play blackjack, but in my opinion is in sports where he excelled the most.
    He was an amazing handicapper (maybe the best?).
    Also probably one of the few touts (or the only one) that really offered good value for money with no bs.
    Those who knew him will probably miss going through NBA and NFL seasons without reading his game analysis or his crazy nicknames.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Hi Don.
    Yes, I knew you were acquainted.
    I'm waiting for information on the memorial service from a friend of his (no date has been set yet).
    I can share that with you if I get it, but you'll probably have it first if you do talk to his brother.
    His brother contacted me by email. Will talk to him tomorrow.

Don

RIP

Sent from Tapatalk

His brother would like to hold a memorial service for Dan sometime in April. If you knew Dan, live in the metropolitan NY area, and would like to attend, please let me know.

Don

Hi I just discovered this news. I do live in the NYC area and would be interested. I never met Dan but we talked on the phone many times. . Because of his work and ideas, he was a part of my life so I am more than
    saddened. If the service has not been held as yet, would appreciate knowing any information. Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by chadu101 View Post
    Hi I just discovered this news. I do live in the NYC area and would be interested. I never met Dan but we talked on the phone many times. . Because of his work and ideas, he was a part of my life so I am more than
    saddened. If the service has not been held as yet, would appreciate knowing any information. Thanks much.
    Sorry, but the service was already held.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast