See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: question about simming playing 2 hands

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

question about simming playing 2 hands

In CVCX, if i click the play 2 hand option vs 1 hand only, would i have to change the standard 100 hands/hour or would the program auto-adjust that for me?

For example, in real life, i would get 100 hands/hour playing 1 hand. If I spread to 2 hands during positive counts, i could maybe get 120 hands/hour (i just made up these numbers). On that note, how many hands could i expect to play if i spread to 2 hands starting at +1 TC and higher?

Blog Entries

Actually, it's 100 rounds per hour. So, 100 would mean 200 hands. The software can't "adjust" the speed as it depends on the circumstances.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

so for people like me that english in not our mother langauge to get this right.

hand is one spot that we play.

a round maybe involve one hand of a player or two or three but still remains a round.so when the the No is 40.0000 it means 40.0000 hands of single spot of a player

if the player plays always 2 spots for some reason the No now is half 20.000?

same senario with 7 spots by the same player ? 40.000/7 ?

thanks for the answer.

p.s i have notice that people that have great understanding of maths ,like norm or don, the way they provide answers is kind of robotic.sometimes is directly to the point but sometimes they confuze more !!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    so for people like me that english in not our mother langauge to get this right.

hand is one spot that we play.

a round maybe involve one hand of a player or two or three but still remains a round.so when the the No is 40.0000 it means 40.0000 hands of single spot of a player

if the player plays always 2 spots for some reason the No now is half 20.000?

same senario with 7 spots by the same player ? 40.000/7 ?
    Do you mean 40'000 (fourty thousand) rounds? I guess you mean not No but N0, the number of hands that must be played until you enter the win zone, even if you are one standard deviation behind the average (expected) result. So basically the question is:

When CVCX computes N0 = 40'000 (fourty thousand hands), is it possible to shorten the time (hours) till entering the win zone by playing e.g. two spots (two hands per round)?
    The assumption is that by playing two spots, you need only 40'000 / 2 = 20'000 rounds to achieve your N0, and the time this will take depends on how many rounds per hour you can play this way. The question is whether the parameter in CVCX means "hands per hour" or "rounds per hour" in this case. But the parameter says "round per hour", so if you always play two spots and get 120 hands per hour, you should enter 60 rounds per hour for this parameter. But as Norm said, the software cannot "switch" between the two speeds depending on the count during the simulation, n'est-ce pas?
    Last edited by PinkChip; 08-27-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Blog Entries

All calculations in CVCX/CVData are in rounds, not hands. That's really the only way to accurately measure risk.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    All calculations in CVCX/CVData are in rounds, not hands. That's really the only way to accurately measure risk.
    One reason might be the covariance (playing two hands of 15 dollars each has about the same risk as playing one hand of 20 dollars, despite generating more "throughput", namely 30 dollars. Or put it the other way round, risking the same amount of money per round playing two hands reduces risk in comparison to playing only one hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Stefan, to make it clear for you.

If you simulated with your player playing two boxes on every round and your no is 40 000, that means 40 000 rounds at two boxes each round
    If you simulated with your player playing only one box on every round and your no is 40 000, that means 40 000 rounds at one box each round.
    And so on.

A "round" can have from one to seven "hands" or "boxes" like you say in Europe.
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Stefan, to make it clear for you.

If you simulated with your player playing two boxes on every round and your no is 40 000, that means 40 000 rounds at two boxes each round
    If you simulated with your player playing only one box on every round and your no is 40 000, that means 40 000 rounds at one box each round.
    And so on.

A "round" can have from one to seven "hands" or "boxes" like you say in Europe.
    Isn't N0 defined as the number of hands (not rounds) to overcome 1 sd being behind average?

i got it clear now.thanks for the info people

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    Isn't N0 defined as the number of hands (not rounds) to overcome 1 sd being behind average?
    It's the number of hands if you play one hand per round.
    It's the number of rounds if you're using a "multi-hand" strategy.

Say a defined approach using two hands gives you an EV of X and a SD of Y
    The NO you get is based on this strategy of "two hands". In this case NO will corresponds to "rounds" you need to play.
    G Man