See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Quote Break function added

  1. #1
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    8,803
    Blog Entries
    59


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Quote Break function added

    When responding, many members like to quote a post and then intersperse their responses into the original post. This can be done with the iQuote function. But, this new function is probably easier in most cases.

    A button has been added to the bottom of the Advanced editor (posts and Private Messages only) that allows easy breaking of quotes. Suppose that you have quoted someone's post, and wish to address multiple points within that post. You put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post. You can continue making new breaks in the same manner.

    NOTE: This does not work in the Quick Reply box. After clicking Reply with Quote, you must click Go Advanced to go to the advanced editor.

    Please report any problems quickly.
    "It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows." -Epictetus

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When responding, many members like to quote a post and then intersperse their responses into the original post. This can be done with the iQuote function. But, this new function is probably easier in most cases.
    Interesting....

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    A button has been added to the bottom of the Advanced editor (posts and Private Messages only) that allows easy breaking of quotes. Suppose that you have quoted someone's post, and wish to address multiple points within that post. You put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post. You can continue making new breaks in the same manner.
    I like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    NOTE: This does not work in the Quick Reply box. After clicking Reply with Quote, you must click Go Advanced to go to the advanced editor.
    It seems to be working, so far, in the quick reply box.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Please report any problems quickly.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

  3. #3
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    8,803
    Blog Entries
    59


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I assure you that I added this in furtherance of some sinister, ulterior motive. I don't yet know what that motive is -- but am confident that a kind soul on another forum will explain it to me anon.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-17-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    "It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows." -Epictetus

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I assure you that I added this in furtherance of some sinister, ulterior motive. I don't yet know what that motive is -- but am confident that a kind soul on another forum will explain it to me anon.
    Give a choice we will run a poll

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Of course it's for some sinister, ulterior motive. It's something done by you, Norm. Lol. No way it could be to make posting here easier or anything a benevolent form owner would do. Nope nope. Thanks Norm, you sinister mofo.

    Haters are jelly. They want to bring you down because they think you're above them. They are too weak to improve themselves and bring themselves past your level so they try to pull you down. Don't let them. Haters are just a strange fan club who secretly admire you.
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-21-2017 at 06:26 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    3rd rock from Sol, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    14,199


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Now try to get Don to use it. I never know who he is quoting. It makes following him harder than it needs to be.

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Now try to get Don to use it. I never know who he is quoting. It makes following him harder than it needs to be.
    I have no clue how to use it. Would be nice.

    Don

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When responding, many members like to quote a post and then intersperse their responses into the original post. This can be done with the iQuote function. But, this new function is probably easier in most cases.
    I may just be able to do this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    A button has been added to the bottom of the Advanced editor (posts and Private Messages only) that allows easy breaking of quotes. Suppose that you have quoted someone's post, and wish to address multiple points within that post. You put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post. You can continue making new breaks in the same manner.
    Got it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    NOTE: This does not work in the Quick Reply box. After clicking Reply with Quote, you must click Go Advanced to go to the advanced editor.
    Pain in the neck, but OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    Please report any problems quickly.
    Let's see how this worked.

    Don

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Egads! Very proud of myself.

    Don

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Egads!
    Yo Adrian.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Very proud of myself.

    Don
    I did IT!
    Play the game to live your life. Don't live your life to play the game. Pigs get fat...Hogs get slaughtered.

Similar Threads

  1. Quote box italics
    By Norm in forum Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2016, 07:25 AM
  2. Quick Quote
    By Norm in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM
  3. Bettie: Great Gambling Quote
    By Bettie in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.