See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Quote Break function added

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Break function added

When responding, many members like to quote a post and then intersperse their responses into the original post. This can be done with the iQuote function. But, this new function is probably easier in most cases.

A button has been added to the bottom of the Advanced editor (posts and Private Messages only) that allows easy breaking of quotes. Suppose that you have quoted someone's post, and wish to address multiple points within that post. You put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post. You can continue making new breaks in the same manner.

NOTE: This does not work in the Quick Reply box. After clicking Reply with Quote, you must click Go Advanced to go to the advanced editor.

Please report any problems quickly.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When responding, many members like to quote a post and then intersperse their responses into the original post. This can be done with the iQuote function. But, this new function is probably easier in most cases.
    Interesting....

A button has been added to the bottom of the Advanced editor (posts and Private Messages only) that allows easy breaking of quotes. Suppose that you have quoted someone's post, and wish to address multiple points within that post. You put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post. You can continue making new breaks in the same manner.
    I like it.

NOTE: This does not work in the Quick Reply box. After clicking Reply with Quote, you must click Go Advanced to go to the advanced editor.
    It seems to be working, so far, in the quick reply box.

"Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

I assure you that I added this in furtherance of some sinister, ulterior motive. I don't yet know what that motive is -- but am confident that a kind soul on another forum will explain it to me anon.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-17-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I assure you that I added this in furtherance of some sinister, ulterior motive. I don't yet know what that motive is -- but am confident that a kind soul on another forum will explain it to me anon.
    Give a choice we will run a poll

Of course it's for some sinister, ulterior motive. It's something done by you, Norm. Lol. No way it could be to make posting here easier or anything a benevolent form owner would do. Nope nope. Thanks Norm, you sinister mofo.

Haters are jelly. They want to bring you down because they think you're above them. They are too weak to improve themselves and bring themselves past your level so they try to pull you down. Don't let them. Haters are just a strange fan club who secretly admire you.
    Last edited by Bubbles; 02-21-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Now try to get Don to use it. I never know who he is quoting. It makes following him harder than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Now try to get Don to use it. I never know who he is quoting. It makes following him harder than it needs to be.
    I have no clue how to use it. Would be nice.

Don

I may just be able to do this!

Got it!

Pain in the neck, but OK.

Let's see how this worked.

Don

Egads! Very proud of myself.

Don