Thread: index limits

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

index limits

My problem is I can't use any of the selections under Index Limits to practice with.

According to page 63 of CVBJ Step by Step, selection of either of the seven Index Limits in the middle of the strategy selection screen supposed to override/limit any of the strategies selected from the list on the left. Then when Display Tables are selected show them as the ones being used in drills or practicing CFBJ? For example when I select Catch 20, Illustrious 18, Sweet 16 or Fab 4 the indexes shown are the Playing Strategies from the left, but what I want to do is see Illustrious 18 and others in that table form so I am able to use them for practice. Am I overlooking something? Any insight appreciated.

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry, but that's not what those options do. They take whatever strategy you have selected, and then alter the strategy to exclude indices that you have elected to exclude.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Norm thanks for getting back to me so promptly. Alright, that being said, I understand how No Indexes and Full indexes are applicable to Playing CV Strategies but how could I do as the books suggests, PG 63, "You can also limit indexes to the Illustrious 18 (the top 18 indices as compiled by Don Schelsinger)..., how do I limit In other words you told me how I was looking at it was not correct but what is correct. Can you give me a 1,2,3 idea about how to limit the strategies using this function does it involve the use of the Mask and if not where can I read up on some of the topics I'm bringing up?

One other thing why can I not Google any questions about CVBJ are the proprietary restrictions set up like that, and I only ask because I have a number of questions that may seem minuscule and unimportant to you that I would like answers to. Your software is amazing and I have owned it for a time but have only recently started seriously looking at it. Nice work.

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you want to limit the indices to the Ill18, click the Ill18 option.

I don't understand your second question.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse