See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: T3’s multydecks and Mose’s SD

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Probably because I don't understand all that. Lol. But here you would just be remember 2 numbers instead of one correct?
    It is so automatic, I would rather keep a side count, which gives a specific vs general type of information.

Okay. Suppose DD. 1 to 8.

PE +2. BC 0.
    PE 0. BC +2
    PE +2 BC +2
    PE +2 BC +3
    PE +3. BC +2
    PE +3. BC +3

How would you allocate your spread in the above scenarios?

I'm trying to a handle on what T3 does. Not to be nosy.
    Nothing wrong with being nosy. It's like licking balls. Ask him nicely

I have to make certain assumptions since your little chart is not crystal clear to me. So, I am assuming the BC numbers are tied into true count, and that the PE numbers are never negative, and that PE 0 ties into halves of .56. On that basis, not that it matters, your terminology is wrong, but I get what you mean. So, the question arises as to increase over benchmark halves .56, what do PE 1,2 or 3 actually represent. Once represented by revised PE, I really would have to give additional thought to some of the choices that you offered. Clearly though, pe3 and Bc3 would represent a big bet, and though not shown, pe0 and bc0 would represent a minimum bet.

On bc3, pe3, I would be in my upper ramp at close to max. Bc5 (not on your chart) with pe3 would represent upper ramp max. Anything higher than BC 6, with pe3 would be super max, upper ramp

Hope I've interpreted correctly.
    Last edited by Freightman; 03-26-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was playing a secret honey hole, very recently, with a game that has to be requested. During my 3.5 hours of play, with initial $500 buy in, I went up $1000 reasonably quickly, lost that going in for $1500 total, coming back with 3.66k (3660) win.

Between the 2 extremes, I had a flat betting shoe betting min of $25, losing 400 on the shoe. Would you have left this great quality game, being 1k up, 1.5k down, during the shit shoe just described, or waited till the end.

Oh, forgot - had dinner paid fir as well
    Leaving a shoe doesn't mean leaving a game. But if you had to play all for as long as you had this requested game, that's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    If you want to reinvent the wheel and be seen as some sort of innovative genius at least try not to replace it with a square design.
    LOL, had a thought this morning that fits right with this. I don't know how long Orville Wright's first flight was but let's call it 100 yards.

The progress in card counting over the last 60 years (endless yammering about what gets .1 or .2 more money) would be equivalent to the flight industry in the 60 years after that first flight doing nothing but arguing which design would result in a flight of 110 to 120 yards, with a head wind of .2,.3 house edge of course. Instead, in that 60 years they were orbiting the earth.

To paraquote the great Bill Murray, "There's something wrooonnggg with this, There's something very, very, wrooonnnggg with this."

I'ts actually hard to think of something else so stagnant. Seems to be an astounding lack of innovative geniuses involved. Although looks like there are a few who are headed towards making decisions with more information.

Blog Entries

The length of the first flight was shorter than the wingspan of a 747.

But, AP has been anything but stagnant.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The length of the first flight was shorter than the wingspan of a 747.

But, AP has been anything but stagnant.
    To bad you can't move part of a thread to the yellow section.

Quote Originally Posted by fjrider View Post
    Leaving a shoe doesn't mean leaving a game. But if you had to play all for as long as you had this requested game, that's something else.
    I don't think the reward vs Herculean effort expended to readjust your thinking would be worthwhile.

Blog Entries

Too bad you can't move part of a thread to the yellow section.
    Yeah, exactly why I suggested a new thread be started.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

T3 made an interesting observation the other day. Playing is gathering information. However, you've got to know what to do with it. Our minds can only maneuver and remember so many numbers during play.
    Absolutely correct. I've said the same thing for years. Counting is easy. Knowing what to with the info is the tough part.

Leads to another expression I've muttered many times over the years - Judgement is key.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don't think the reward vs Herculean effort expended to readjust your thinking would be worthwhile.
    Yeah, well, I've told you just about zero about my thinking. Did put up one dirt simple, rudimentary, bare bones, example for thought.

Got a couple conclusion jumpers, assumers, dogma defenders.
    And your above statement is dead, couldn't have said it better, like turning the titanic without a rudder.

The way the universe works, I surely am not alone in seeing the stagnation in card counting, the revolution either has already started or is right around the corner.
    Galileo made some simple, obvious observations and then had the audacity to report them. Persecuted for it by dogma lovers.

Enjoy getting left behind.

Now I'll make your day. I'm done with this site, it is dedicated to software dedicated to 60 year old thinking. Have really enjoyed a lot of what I read here, but tired of the closed minds. Buh, bye.

Some processes have inherent limits. AP via card counting alone is one of those processes. The limit is when you know and can make perfect use of the exact composition of the remaining cards. The work that Eric Farmer is doing with Don on "Perfect Play" will someday demonstrate that the advantage is not much higher than when using the most powerful existing counting systems.

Quote Originally Posted by fjrider View Post
    Yeah, well, I've told you just about zero about my thinking. Did put up one dirt simple, rudimentary, bare bones, example for thought.

That was enough

Got a couple conclusion jumpers, assumers, dogma defenders.
    And your above statement is dead, couldn't have said it better, like turning the titanic without a rudder.

You are more than welcome to navigate your own collision course

The way the universe works, I surely am not alone in seeing the stagnation in card counting, the revolution either has already started or is right around the corner.
    Galileo made some simple, obvious observations and then had the audacity to report them. Persecuted for it by dogma lovers.

We no longer burn people at the stake - no worries.

Enjoy getting left behind.

You'll find much of my thinking is outsude the box.

Now I'll make your day. I'm done with this site, it is dedicated to software dedicated to 60 year old thinking. Have really enjoyed a lot of what I read here, but tired of the closed minds. Buh, bye.

Have a nice day - goodbye.
    My individual comments appear under your individual comments.

Blog Entries

“People who refer to out-of-the-box see the box ... People who don't know the box even exists are the innovative thinkers.”

-- Lisa Goldenberg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast