Thread: Learning HI OPT II..after KO.advice needed..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Learning HI OPT II..after KO.advice needed..

Boys (and girls)!

What would be the best way to begin learning HI OPT 2 after employing FULL KO for 2 years? Would you recommend it for shoe games? Because in Europe the most games are being played on 6 and 8 deckers..Would it be a long learning process to burn it into my brain? Which books do you recommend?
    The truth is that i started feeling comfortable learning a much harder count. I want improve myself.
    Thank you very much, i really really appreciate any respond!

All the best

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

That's a big change. You are going from a level 1 unbalanced ace reckoned count to a level 2 balanced ace neutral count with an ace side count. You have to learn and get used to true counting, counting a level 2 count which means a lot more totals of multiple cards and more complicated cancellations, and you need to learn to keep a side count and do accurate 1/4 deck estimates to use the side count information to its full potential. That is a lot to get used to and master. I don't know where to start. Let me think about it.
    Last edited by Three; 02-03-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Lance Humble created Hi-Opt2. I haven't read his books, but that might be a good place to start. I couldn't find the books and didn't know the author when I learned Hi-Opt2. I Googled to find the tags and used Norm's software to figure out the indices and what sort of bet ramps to use.

I think getting the side count down is the hardest part. Get used to keeping an ASC first. Then practice with the new tags for the main count. There will be some differences since it's a level two. Different combinations of cards will cancel and instead of just counting by ones or twos, you'll be counting by threes and fours too sometimes. That all comes with practice.

The indices will be almost double. Just learn those a few at a time like you did for KO.

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Boys (and girls)!

What would be the best way to begin learning HI OPT 2 after employing FULL KO for 2 years? Would you recommend it for shoe games? Because in Europe the most games are being played on 6 and 8 deckers..Would it be a long learning process to burn it into my brain? Which books do you recommend?
    The truth is that i started feeling comfortable learning a much harder count. I want improve myself.
    Thank you very much, i really really appreciate any respond!

All the best

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk
    To use HI-OPT2 count to the fullest potential you must side-count and use full indices otherwise it won't outperforms other strong counting systems much as I already simulated the Hi-OPT 2 with less indices. Learning the machinic of the system is not hard. Learning to side counting might take sometime.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-07-2017 at 04:07 PM.