Thread: Major CVCX factors settings

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Major CVCX factors settings

Hi folks!

Quick question. Might sound stupid but i need to ask because it has been bothering me for awhile...

So when setting up your CVCX (your game you will play) which important factors do i have to consider to set up in order to have a winning game?

For example:
    Does it really matter that the Actual result chart's curve green part march into the left area(red) so by that the +3D will be more resulting lets say 54.89 or better result?
    For this what would be the optimal set up? Is it has to be more than 50 percent?

Because i have been playing (practicing day and night) on Verite and i just keep losing.(fortunately virtual money) Whats the reason?
    Risk of ruin has been setup to less than 5 percent and i have a bankroll of around 8000. Spread around 1-12 for a ENHC.
    Or would that even possible to experience such a losing streak???

Thanks guys for any input! I really really appreciate it in advance!

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    So when setting up your CVCX (your game you will play) which important factors do i have to consider to set up in order to have a winning game?
    Try your best to sim the game you wanna play and play the game you already simmed. If doing so reduces your SCORE then pick the better approach and do the same.

Does it really matter that the Actual result chart's curve green part march into the left area(red) so by that the +3D will be more resulting lets say 54.89 or better result?
    For this what would be the optimal set up? Is it has to be more than 50 percent?
    This just shows how you did. It has nothing to do with what you should do. If you wanna know how hot or how cold you ran, this is what it's for. Small amount of sessions can result in very high z-scores (in terms of SDs) for that widget. Often, some of these extreme z-scores aren't indicative of how good or bad you actually ran because the the SD reflects what kind of shoes you will get on average (including the many very tame ones) and if you hit a bunch of high-count shoes it isn't all that surprising that you win or lose a bunch of max bets.

Because i have been playing (practicing day and night) on Verite and i just keep losing.(fortunately virtual money) Whats the reason?
    Risk of ruin has been setup to less than 5 percent and i have a bankroll of around 8000. Spread around 1-12 for a ENHC.
    Or would that even possible to experience such a losing streak???
    Sorry. We can't read your mind. You never said how much you lost. If CVBJ isn't telling you that you're making mistakes, assuming that you set it up correctly, then I wouldn't fuss about the results.

The 5% RoR is the chance you'll lose the whole stack. It's much more likely for you to lose the first 2k than the last 2k. I play with a 1-2% RoR and have had 25% draw downs. CVBJ will help you get a better idea of what kind of losses you can actually experience, even with a smaller RoR. Btw, a lot of people wouldn't consider 5% that small. It's close to 0.7 Kelly. 0.6 is around 3.5% RoR and 0.5 is arond 1.8%. 0.5 Kelly is what some people suggest for smaller/casual rolls. The people who play with larger stacks generally aren't comfortable with more than 1%. Playing for a living, you want you RoR to be almost negligible. No idea what kinda of upper range people set for themselves since there aren't too many people around living off their rolls but I could very well see keeping it at the low tenths of a percent if not hundredths.

What kind of RoR you should be willing to take on really depends on what kind BR you have, what you're using for, your personal risk. Play around in CVCX and pay attention to the 'Expected Results' widget.

I've started playing with 8000, full approach, 2×5 (2 hands), one player at the table (myself) , 5 dollar minimum bet and ramping up accordingly correlating to the count using FULL KO(6 deck). I'm down by 1100.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I've started playing with 8000, full approach, 2×5 (2 hands), one player at the table (myself) , 5 dollar minimum bet and ramping up accordingly correlating to the count using FULL KO(6 deck). I'm down by 1100.

You might just be losing because you're doing play all with a low spread on a 6D. What does CVCX say about your WR, SD, etc.? Maybe it's still a winning game but I wouldn't be surprised if this just made it that much harder. What's the top bet?

My top bet is 2×60. Is it too low?

Why does the print screen picture look so low quality? Can you see it clearly?

This game looks fine. I'd imagine you could get away with higher but you might want to ask someone in your area about tolerances.

I don't think I'd sweat the CVBJ results. It's just part of the game. I go up and down 10% of my stack very often (3-5 hour sessions).

Thanks. The place i play at is pretty much heat free. And if you start winning, how much would you adjust your ramp? Would you still keep lets say half Kelly just under 1.8 percent?

Thanks. The place i play at is pretty much heat free. And if you start winning, how much would you adjust your ramp? Would you still keep lets say half Kelly just under 1.8 percent?
    Either recalculate after each session and take a look at the ramp or create a whole plan on how you'll change your ramp based on your BR by playing around w/ different hypothetical bankroll amounts (both above and below your current) on CVCX. You shouldn't be changing your ramp based on how hot you're running at the time (i.e. increasing your max bet by an arbitrary amount because you've been winning that session), all about your total bankroll. Anything that you do should be planned out to the tee. Look to increase your spread and let CVCX do the work on filling in the gaps for what to bet in between. Adjust the custom bets to something that seems natural and doesn't hinder speed (i.e. don't bet $38 b/c in live play that's a green, red, and three whites. Stacking that, having the dealer pay it, calculate BJ, is just not worth the time. Keep bets as simple as it's worth chip wise).