See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RoR in Video Poker

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

RoR in Video Poker

I found a $25 50/10/6 DDB video poker game, which pays back 100.06%. Factoring in 0.1% value added by RCs, and the free play generated, this seems like a decent game to make some money at. ($100 an hour before any free play, @ 500 hands per hour)

My question, how do i calulate a bankroll that i would need for this game? How do i find my ror for different bankroll sizes? Its going to be a large number, but i dont know how to calculate any numbers i would need to not go broke playing this big $125 per hand game...
    May the Variance be with you.

Variance of DDB is 42, rounded up a few hundredths of a percent. Use the kelly formula for the rest..., You also just don't really have the information to give you a more accurate answer than that if you don't know what you're getting from cash equivalents like freeplay.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Variance of DDB is 42, rounded up a few hundredths of a percent. Use the kelly formula for the rest..., You also just don't really have the information to give you a more accurate answer than that if you don't know what you're getting from cash equivalents like freeplay.
    Whats the kelly formula and what does variance of 42 mean?

And i just want to know what i would need without free play, so effectively from a game of 100.16%

Kelly:
    (Edge/Variance) * bankroll = wager

Or to find necessary bankroll:

Bankroll = wager * (variance/edge)

$125 * 42 / 0.0016 ~ $3.28 million

That's full kelly (13.5% ROR). If you drop below the BR required amount, you'd be playing above full kelly at that point.

And what does the "50" stand for in "50/10/6"? 4oaks 5-K's normally pay 50-for-1 in DDB, if that's what it's referring to.

By the way, converting RCs to FP, makes the CB worth 0.08%, not 0.1%.....assuming it's a TR store and it's a $10 coin in = 1 TC machine.

The N0 for this game would be unbelievably high. Without doing the math, I'd wager it's well over 1 year of play @ 40 hours/week.
    Last edited by RS; 01-23-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Kelly:
    (Edge/Variance) * bankroll = wager

Or to find necessary bankroll:

Bankroll = wager * (variance/edge)

$125 * 42 / 0.0016 ~ $3.28 million

That's full kelly (13.5% ROR). If you drop below the BR required amount, you'd be playing above full kelly at that point.

And what does the "50" stand for in "50/10/6"? 4oaks 5-K's normally pay 50-for-1 in DDB, if that's what it's referring to.

By the way, converting RCs to FP, makes the CB worth 0.08%, not 0.1%.....assuming it's a TR store and it's a $10 coin in = 1 TC machine.

The N0 for this game would be unbelievably high. Without doing the math, I'd wager it's well over 1 year of play @ 40 hours/week.
    50 is for the full house.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    50 is for the full house.
    So a flush pays 10 and a straight pays 6?

In that case (if this is legit), you've found one hell of a monster. Only need about $15k to play it at full kelly. And you'll have a 54% advantage on this game.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    So a flush pays 10 and a straight pays 6?

In that case (if this is legit), you've found one hell of a monster. Only need about $15k to play it at full kelly. And you'll have a 54% advantage on this game.
    Lol. Oops i meant 50 is the full house on the 5 credit line. I had 50 stuck in my head because i hit it 4 times and had to sit and wait on a w2g for $1250 all 4 times jist for a full house...

50 quads
    10 full house
    6 flush

Whew, only 0.16% on a high variance game. RS's $3+ mil sounds about right. If the variance is with you, you may get by with the value of 5-6 Royals -- half a million or so.

I forgot to mention that you also need to account for playing errors, 99.90% accuracy is very good, 99.95% is excellent. No one plays perfectly!

The 50/10/6 DDB bonus refers to 50 for straight flush...10 full house and 6 flush.

There is a version that pays 40 for straight flush in which the return is 99.96%

The most common form is 9/6 DDB (50 for straight flush) which returns around 99%

You can purchase Video poker for winners and analyze any game in detail.

The variance on ddb is huge so you would experience massive swings. If you go a while without getting any quads the even money 2 pair will eat your money quickly.

Playing 25$ game at 500 hph you could roughly expect an 18000$ hourly SD

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybond007 View Post
    The 50/10/6 DDB bonus refers to 50 for straight flush...10 full house and 6 flush.

There is a version that pays 40 for straight flush in which the return is 99.96%

The most common form is 9/6 DDB (50 for straight flush) which returns around 99%

You can purchase Video poker for winners and analyze any game in detail.

The variance on ddb is huge so you would experience massive swings. If you go a while without getting any quads the even money 2 pair will eat your money quickly.

Playing 25$ game at 500 hph you could roughly expect an 18000$ hourly SD
    How in the world did you come up with $18,000 hourly lol...

Standard deviation not win rate. Are you sober today?

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    I found a $25 50/10/6 DDB video poker game, which pays back 100.06%. Factoring in 0.1% value added by RCs, and the free play generated, this seems like a decent game to make some money at. ($100 an hour before any free play, @ 500 hands per hour)

My question, how do i calulate a bankroll that i would need for this game? How do i find my ror for different bankroll sizes? Its going to be a large number, but i dont know how to calculate any numbers i would need to not go broke playing this big $125 per hand game...
    IF you play this game perfectly and realize your 0.16%=$100/hr., you can expect 6 or 7 WG-2's per hour averaging ~$20,000/ hr. in W2-G's. This may slow down your hands per hour unless you are playing more than one machine. Don't know how much % withholding (state plus Federal) you will have, it depends on the state, but there will probably be more withholding than $100/hr. State where I play withholds 6%, so withholding there would be $1200/hr. plus federal.

Pay Table Freq/hr Pay Out
    FH 1250 5.43 6789
    4 5-K 6250 0.81 5095
    4 2,3,4 10000 0.19 1922
    4 Aces 20000 0.086 1735
    4 2,3,4 & kicker 20000 0.071 1432
    4 Aces & kicker 50000 0.031 1539
    SF 6250 0.055 342
    Royal 100000 0.012 1226
    Totals
    6.69 20084

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast