See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Can i get StandardDeviation/hour with CVCX ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Can i get StandardDeviation/hour with CVCX ?

Hi,

I was wondering.
    If i have cvcx and one sim, with all Count Freq per TC, SD per TC, win loss and bets per TC too :
    Can i have a formula which makes me calcul the final standard deviation per 100 rounds ? (with all the numbers i talked about). I am not sure that yes.

KZman

And standard deviation per hour with 100 rounds per hour ?
    Last edited by Phoebe; 12-29-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Yes. I just wonder if its possible to get the same results than cvcx, but starting with all the data i told and by a formula.

I'm not sure about a formula or how to do it...or exactly what you're asking. But CVCX results include SD/hour.

Are you saying you have data you generated yourself or by some other method (not CVCX) and wish to calculate the SD/hour using a formula? If so, hopefully some of the better math guys who know all the formulas and whatnot can help (I can't).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Maybe Sum( Freq* SD* BET)

Are you saying you have data you generated yourself or by some other method (not CVCX) and wish to calculate the SD/hour using a formula?
    Yes !

Maybe Sum( Freq* SD* BET)
    It doesnt work, i have tried.

I tried this way, it doesnt work.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Simple. See BJA3, pp. 19-20. The entire approach is clearly spelled out for you. (The above formulas can't work because you can't sum standard deviations. You have to first square them, sum the resulting variances, then take the square root of the sum, at the end, to get back to cumulative standard deviation.)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by KZman View Post
    I tried this way, it doesnt work.
    The method described in the French article DOES work. Did you understand it? It's the same as the one described on p. 20 of BJA3, except that I do the s.d.s squared, or variances, line by line, to be more precise (since they vary by true count), rather than simply use one global number by which to multiply at the end, after the summation.

Don

I believe it's the [square root (of the sum (of the SD's squared.)) ] Parenthesis to show order of operations (ie: don't square the square root of the sum of SD's).

Take each SD and square it. Add them all up. Then find the square root.

Variance is additive, standard deviation is not.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    I believe it's the [square root (of the sum (of the SD's squared.)) ] Parenthesis to show order of operations (ie: don't square the square root of the sum of SD's).

Take each SD and square it. Add them all up. Then find the square root.

Variance is additive, standard deviation is not.
    Did you read my posts?

Don

KZman

If you read the reference Don gave and then manually do the work here: http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/.../6DeckText.htm

You will have the answer to your question.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson