Thread: Bankroll requirements, risk calculator on this site

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bankroll requirements, risk calculator on this site

I was trying to figure out the BR needed to generate $25k, using $25 units with about 98% certainty and the risk calculator on this site indicates that one would need 731 units (731x $25= $18225). This seems way too low a BR requirement. Wonder what I am doing wrong?

The calculator asks as follows.

Required Bankroll Given Goal and no Time Constraint

How much do you need to avoid bankruptcy? This is the formula on page 139 solved for bankroll. This is the same as the above calculator, except there is no limit on the number of hands played.
    End Result in Units/Goal
    Std. Dev. per 100 hands
    Win rate per 100 hands
    Probability of reaching Goal

I am trying to find the BR needed to generate $25k, playing with a minimum bet of $25 and a spread of 1-7 on DD games and a minimum bet of $10, spread of 1-16 on 6 deck games. I also wanted to find the number of rounds needed under the circumstances.

Blog Entries

In that calculator, the end result includes your bankroll. So, given the win rate and std dev, if you set end result to 1,000 and it gives you can answer of 731, that means you need a bankroll of 731 to end up with 1,000. But, you are only generating 269 profit, not 1,000.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Norm, I just put in end result at 2000 units ($50k) and one unit is $25 with a 95% probability, the BR required shows 606 units. A BR of 606 units or $15150 seems too low to win $35k.

This cannot be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Norm, I just put in end result at 2000 units ($50k) and one unit is $25 with a 95% probability, the BR required shows 606 units. A BR of 606 units or $15150 seems too low to win $35k.

This cannot be correct.
    It it seems to say, using 99%probability, that I will need under 25k to win $25k.

Blog Entries

Please read the instructions. It doesn't say you will win that much. It says you will end up with that much.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

He read but forgot to give WR and SD
    For instance
    ScreenShot192.jpg

ScreenShot193.png
    Last edited by Phoebe; 11-19-2016 at 02:18 AM.

I don't see any real use for this statistic.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson