Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single Deck Blackjack Index

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Received it. Thanks for your help !

Banned or Suspended

You are welcome, James

It is amusing seeing indices expressed

fractionally with a decimal point needed.

If you have any future problems with BJ,

reach out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

You are welcome, James

It is amusing seeing indices expressed

fractionally with a decimal point needed.

reach out to me.

I have decided to use Uston APC counting system that have higher playing efficiency.

Banned or Suspended

You are very much mistaken. RE: playing efficiency.
    U A P C is not the accurate count you are looking for.
    Hi-Opt II is. The Ace Side Count is simple when there
    are but four (4) Aces.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

reach out to me.
    Flash, I have a dealer that isn't giving me enough BJ's, what should I do? Dump her and start dating her sister?

If I was playing SD, I would be counting every card just about, I'd lump (2,3) and (4,5) together, break down the {6-9} individually, use full indices. I'd be looking to do whatever I could possibly do to take advantage of any key card effect, and it's all pretty easy to do with SD. The index actually slides all over the place due to key card effect, although this impact is lessened or less valuable due to the no DAS, no soft doubles.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 11-02-2016 at 11:46 PM.

UAPC PE = 0.69

Hi-Opt II PE = 0.67

???

With the loss of soft doubles and no DAS, I'm going to be thinking about the maximum spread you can get away with, I suppose. You have to ensure you have a working, functional plan of attack no matter what or not play. For this game, or the Reno game that you play, consider the impact of key cards. As a case in point, you are sitting there, fat, dumb, and happy, because you are a "What me worry" kind of guy with 14vs2 in the 6th round, the {2-6} are even with the {T} and there are four surplus {6-9} in the remainder (4-0-4). Can you imagine there may be a difference if of the {6-9}, you have seen (8,9) removed, and no (7) have come out of the deck. What if there were lots of (8,9) in the remainder and four (7) have been removed from the deck in this same deck composition in terms of groupings? One situation is hit and the other is stand. The actual EV of this specific instance is miniscule and it's a horribly negative expectation hand. The best you can do is make this horribly negative situation into a slightly less negative situation, but the cumulative effect across the board factoring in key card effects will help you. It sure as heck can't hurt and you need all the help you can get to tackle those kind of shitty rules.

Consider doubles, where an anomaly in the deck composition and the key card situation is more critical and will have more impact on your bottom line. It's the 5th round, one more {T} removed than {2-5} with surplus {6-9}, (3-0-4 @.5), 11vsT. If no (A) have been removed (3-0-4-4r @.5)? If all the (A) have been removed (3-0-4-0r @.5)? What if it's 3-0-4-2r @.5 but it's a much higher ratio of (8,9) to (6,7) in the remainder, no (8,9) have been removed from the deck? What if it's 3-0-4-2r @.5 but there's a much higher ratio of (6,7) to (8,9) in the remainder?

Consider 16vs7, in which the index may be "+3" but you can have an extremely positive count in which you'd hit and a relatively negative count in which you stand (if you are going by TC for playing decisions), based on ratios of groupings to one another, the value of the (5) is 2 1/2 times that of the {T} for this hand, surplus {6-9} push you in the direction to stand, etc. It's a hand that almost defies the laws of physics in which you can just about throw that "+3" right out the window and go with basic strategy if that's all the information you have.

A count is only as good as the information derived from it. If you are going to go to the trouble of performing a multiparameter count, then studying specific impacts, things such as key card values and uneven distributions within a grouping sort of go with it. Otherwise, it's no better than any other counting method. I'm not only looking at the count, I've studied specific impacts of key cards and uneven distributions on individual hands. The count is a benchmark to work from, a clear decision can be made, from there it's a matter of determining if these factors are enough to alter the decision from there. As soon as I see 12vsT in a count that calls for standing, I am automatically considering the (9), the ratio of (6,7) to (8,9). It's a configuration with {6-9} removed, such as 0-7-0, 0-8-0, etc., but an uneven distribution, surplus or deficit (9) easily alter the decision.

I'm not a personal fan of the "Aww, shucks, close enough" method, Moses. I would have to look at that closer and think about the impact of losing the soft doubles, DAS... how playable is the game and what spread do I need to make it worthwhile, really. Allow me to do one of your basketball metaphors... (Work with me on this, as I don't know much about basketball)... Rookie goes up for the lay up and you, as coach, mention he didn't quite have the right flutter to his feet as he went up for the shot. He has no idea what you're talking about and ignores you, thinking he has this shit under control. The big game comes up Saturday and he's going up for the shot, to do the lay up. You notice the telltale loss of aerodynamics and wished he would have listened to you as he jams his fingers into the rim and then slams into the pole that supports the basket nuts first, pulling a muscle in his left nut. He is rolling around on the court trying to clench his aching nuts with his broken fingers but it just doesn't work out so well. He is out for the rest of the season. On Sunday, his girlfriend comes over to console him but all they can really do is both cry as they stare at the spectacle of his bruised and aching testicles...
    Last edited by Tarzan; 11-03-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

You notice the telltale loss of aerodynamics and wished he would have listened to you as he jams his fingers into the rim and then slams into the pole that supports the basket nuts first, pulling a muscle in his left nut. He is rolling around on the court trying to clench his aching nuts with his broken fingers but it just doesn't work out so well. He is out for the rest of the season. On Sunday, his girlfriend comes over to console him but all they can really do is both cry as they stare at the spectacle of his bruised and aching testicles...
    Meanwhile, his hospital mate, through his oxygen mask, asks the pretty young nurse "are my testicles black? The pretty young nurse, embarrassed, ignores his subsequent request, and finally on his third request, lifts his blanket, lifts his dick and gently examines his testicles. She proclaims that they appear to be perfectly fine. The patient removes his oxygen mask, proclaiming - that felt absolutely fantastic, I want you to listen very carefully

ARE MY TEST RESULTS BACK?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12