Thread: 2 Man Red 7 team :)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

2 Man Red 7 team :)

6D das h17 60-70% pen red chips

So I usually play alone but decided to try some team play with my BJ playing friend. Hes played way more BJ than me but only plays BS and voodoo spreads. I wanted to know how weak/strong the play we did was and different ways to make it better. He will be BP.

I flat bet $5 always

Using R7 (I know lol) I bring in BP at +1 (for those who never played R7, its a level 1 unbalanced count and we start at -12 running count in a new shoe).

BP bets two hands of $300 until I signal him out. I signal him out at running count -3. He plays regular BS except I tell him take insurance, stand on 16 v T, and 12 v 3.

We only play one cycle, once he is signaled out or if the shoe ends he cashes out and leaves. I leave at the end of shoe or play a few hands in next shoe if needed. Basically just not the same time.

We split 50/50.

Ok so heres where I have some questions/concerns:

I think my insurance instructions were too crude, proper play is insure at running count +2 or higher, sometimes it will be slightly under but not bad enough to signal him out and we will incorrectly insure a hand. I was banking on us not being in that spot but it almost happened so I was sweating on what to do. Maybe I will have to have a separate "insurance signal" , not ideal as it makes more room for error.. or BP will have to learn a count (doubt it).

Betting ramp if I was playing alone would be

$5 running count -4 and worse
    $10 -3
    $20 -2
    $40 -1
    $80+ 0+

So I bring in BP at my max bet section of ramp, I think its safe to be a little more conservative and do that since he is betting a lot, rather than the cusp areas right?

Thats pretty much it, let me know what you think. I may have missed something just ask. Harsh constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks for taking a look

PS
    Yes I know I should use the zen count or better. No, I don't play at Harrahs.

What I do wrong? Bad question? Structured it poorly? Or am I asking too much? Or just no interest.

I guess I'll see what this bump does

Quote Originally Posted by ChampangePloppy View Post
    6D das h17 60-70% pen red chips

So I usually play alone but decided to try some team play with my BJ playing friend. Hes played way more BJ than me but only plays BS and voodoo spreads. I wanted to know how weak/strong the play we did was and different ways to make it better. He will be BP.

I flat bet $5 always

Using R7 (I know lol) I bring in BP at +1 (for those who never played R7, its a level 1 unbalanced count and we start at -12 running count in a new shoe).

BP bets two hands of $300 until I signal him out. I signal him out at running count -3. He plays regular BS except I tell him take insurance, stand on 16 v T, and 12 v 3.

We only play one cycle, once he is signaled out or if the shoe ends he cashes out and leaves. I leave at the end of shoe or play a few hands in next shoe if needed. Basically just not the same time.

We split 50/50.

Ok so heres where I have some questions/concerns:

I think my insurance instructions were too crude, proper play is insure at running count +2 or higher, sometimes it will be slightly under but not bad enough to signal him out and we will incorrectly insure a hand. I was banking on us not being in that spot but it almost happened so I was sweating on what to do. Maybe I will have to have a separate "insurance signal" , not ideal as it makes more room for error.. or BP will have to learn a count (doubt it).

Betting ramp if I was playing alone would be

$5 running count -4 and worse
    $10 -3
    $20 -2
    $40 -1
    $80+ 0+

So I bring in BP at my max bet section of ramp, I think its safe to be a little more conservative and do that since he is betting a lot, rather than the cusp areas right?

Thats pretty much it, let me know what you think. I may have missed something just ask. Harsh constructive criticism welcome.

Thanks for taking a look

PS
    Yes I know I should use the zen count or better. No, I don't play at Harrahs.
    I don't use unbalanced counting system. But I can see there is something wrong with your bet ramp.

According to

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...%20toCount.htm

You should signal your partner to the table when RC is +2 and signal him to leave when RC hits 0.

If you play alone and your spread is 16 to 1, your bet ramp should be

RC Bet
    neg $5 or sit out
    0 $5
    +2 $10
    +4 $20
    +6 $30
    +8 $40
    +12 $60
    +16 $80

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    I don't use unbalanced counting system. But I can see there is something wrong with your bet ramp.
    According to
    http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...%20toCount.htm

You should signal your partner to the table when RC is +2 and signal him to leave when RC hits 0.

If you play alone and your spread is 16 to 1, your bet ramp should be

RC Bet
    neg $5 or sit out
    0 $5
    +2 $10
    +4 $20
    +6 $30
    +8 $40
    +12 $60
    +16 $80
    No so clear.
    Nobody really answered my thread
    https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...7-betting-ramp

I am going to calculate the equivalent RC and TC under Hi-Lo system. This is a snapshot at 3D/6D, the middle of the shoe:

bet RC(R7) RC(Hi-Lo) TC(Hi-Lo)
    $5 -4 +2 0
    $10 -3 +3 +1
    $20 -2 +4 +1
    $40 -1 +5 +1
    $80+ 0 +6 +2

Your max bet came out when TC is +2.

Another snap shot on 2D remaining (4D has been played):

bet RC(R7) RC(Hi-Lo) TC(Hi-Lo)
    $5 -4 0 0
    $10 -3 +1 0
    $20 -2 +2 +1
    $40 -1 +3 +1
    $80+ 0 +4 +2

Again, your max bet (16x your unit) came out when TC hits +2.

First, your proposed bet size ramp is too aggressive. And this system is very weak because the variance is high. R7 counting system assumes there are two red seven cards coming out to boost RC by +2 for each played deck. If red seven cards are not evenly distributed, advantage/disadvantage will be far from the truth indicated by RC. It could be falsely boosted by +12 in the extreme case.
    Last edited by BJGenius007; 10-21-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks BJG007, I've been thinking about it and decided to switch to REKO count since it is similarly easy/easier and has more solid/current information out there about it. I'm going to look over some betting ramps and see if I can come up with a good enter/exit strategy for a 2 man team play using REKO. Its actually more complicated than I'd thought it'd be because the RC can be stronger/weaker despite the same actual number due to how many decks were played. If I can't figure it out it might just be easier to use hi lo and bring the BP in at +2TC and exit at -1TC or something.

PB using R7 has been kind of a struggle for both of us lol if you didn't already try it may I suggest REKO if you want to use an unbalanced L1 count. Otherwise we might as well just keep practicing and get HiLo down it seems.

Just use hi lo

Yeah figured haha. Thanks!

To answer your question.

In you described structure, your bet ramp as a spotter is to bet minimum and flat bet, so all the ramp guidance will is not necessary, albeit helpful for other considerations.

You should call in your BP at TC 2 (red 7 ?? did not look up corresponding count) and let him flat bet until end of shoe or when count retreats to TC -1 or worse.

2X300 dictates a healthy bankroll (~65-75K for <1 ror). Happy hunting!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Thanks stealth, I dont ramp when I play with the BP, I showed my ramp as my reasoning for bringing in the BP at R7 +2 RC. (Since I max at R7 +0 RC I figured I can safely bring in the BP since its around the hi lo +2 TC equivalent).

Haha and BR wise we're taking a 10k shot at 2x200 we arn't going to do 300. (Although we did for one session).

In reality though we are kind of on hold anyway since we know that we (I) am pretty sloppy with knowing when the call/in out and all the details are.