See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Simple Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Simple Question

Quick question that I'd rather not just assume. Running sims I'm finding the dollar win rate per hour of multi deck games to exceed the win rate of DD games. However, the house advantage is .25 with the DD rules and .65 in multi deck. My simple and stupid question; Is the increased hourly rate found in multi deck games due to the decreased amount of shuffles? The larger spread? Most of my games are hand shuffled, and the shoe games take a good bit longer than the DD to shuffle up.

The default setting for all sims is 100 rounds per hour, so the difference is not likely due to game speed or shuffles. It has to do with your other assumptions/settings, most likely penetration or spread. For instance, 75% penetration and 1-6 spread in a DD game will give you a pretty decent win rate; whereas those same settings in a 6 or 8 decker will yield very poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder View Post
    Quick question that I'd rather not just assume. Running sims I'm finding the dollar win rate per hour of multi deck games to exceed the win rate of DD games. However, the house advantage is .25 with the DD rules and .65 in multi deck. My simple and stupid question; Is the increased hourly rate found in multi deck games due to the decreased amount of shuffles? The larger spread? Most of my games are hand shuffled, and the shoe games take a good bit longer than the DD to shuffle up.
    Bet spread and max bet, TC frequencies which is tied to pen and number of decks used, rules which are generally more liberal in shoe games, and finally average advantage at each TC which is also tied to pen, rules and number of decks used all affect the win rate. Number of indices can come into play as a more minor factor. Bet spread and TC frequencies interacts with indices. A rule change like LS can have a huge impact on your optimal bets and win rate.
    Last edited by Three; 10-17-2016 at 07:52 AM.

You need to post more specifics because it doesn't really make sense. Usually the DD game will yield higher earning potential compared to a 6D game.

I'm running HiLo, Ill 18 and Fab 4, pen set to 50% DD and 75% 6D. S17, DOA, RSA, DAS, No surrender. 1-6 and 1-12 spreads WO at TC-1. $25 units. DD I'm getting $62 with a 0.5% RoR. 6D I'm getting $79 at 5.2% RoR. So after rechecking that the rules are equal minus pen, it seems that the difference is from the amount of max bet "runs" that will occur more often in shoes than DD, also increasing the RoR, and largely the pen. Adjusting the DD pen to 75% (not found in my neck of the woods) the win rate then trumps 6D.
    Edited to the corrent numbers with dealer peeks on both A and 10.
    Last edited by Stevie Wonder; 10-17-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder View Post
    DD I'm getting $62 with a 0.5% RoR. 6D I'm getting $79 at 5.2% RoR.
    Not the same RoR ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Of course you can get better results with a shoe game, with better pen, larger spread, and higher risk of ruin. Your comparison isn't apples-to-apples. It's child's play to make a DD game sound awful and a shoe game wonderful.

Don

As far as apples to oranges comparisons go I'll take 90% of the win rate for 10% of the ROR any day.