See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Indices and their importance to your winning/variance

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Si 80% des gains viennent des variations de mises et sur les 20% restants 80% viennent de l'utilisation des seuls IL18, varier les mises et utiliser les IL18 donnent 96% du total.
    Comme je ne fais confiance qu'à Don pour m'expliquer où je me trompe, je ne vais pas me casser la tête à traduire.
    Last edited by Phoebe; 09-23-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    SCORE might be the easier way to compare since comparing situations equally is what SCORE was designed for. For optimal 1-12 spread for $10K BR, Hiopt2/ASC, S17, DAS, LS, 1 deck cut off of 6, play all:
    The gain in c-SCORE for all indices is 14% over just the I18/fab4. Obvious rules and spread will affect this as well as your count. The number you are debating is not the number I stated. You would need the gain from no indices to the I18/Fab4 and to full indices to come up with that.
    Last edited by Three; 09-23-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    Si 80% des gains viennent des variations de mises et sur les 20% restants 80% viennent de l'utilisation des seuls IL18, varier les mises et utiliser les IL18 donnent 96% du total.
    Comme je ne fais confiance qu'à Don pour m'expliquer où je me trompe, je ne vais pas me casser la tête à traduire.
    You can use Google to translate: https://translate.google.com/

Here's how it translated your comments above -

If 80% of the gains come from changes made and the remaining 20%, 80% come from the use of IL18 alone, vary bets and use the IL18 give 96% of the total.
    As I do not trust that Don explain to me where I am wrong, I will not break my head to translate

Sigh. Why don't you all just look at the sims? Hi-Lo, 4.5/6, S17, DAS, four players, 1-16 spread, play-all. I18 (but minus splitting tens! -- what Norm called "Sweet 16") SCORE = 22.73. FULL indices, SCORE = 25.07. So, increase over weakened I18 by using full indices: (25.07/22.73) - 1 = 10.3%.

Conclusion: For a typical Strip shoe game, the I18 captures more than 90% of all the gain available from using ALL the indices.

Not that I haven't said this now maybe 500 times.

Don

Bigdaddy, Google translation is WRONG and say exactly opposite what I mean (Traduttore, traditore.)

"As I only trust Don ..."
    "Bets changes" is missing.

BTW, my denial to translate is simply a joke
    Last edited by Phoebe; 09-23-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    Bigdaddy, Google translation is WRONG and say exactly opposite what I mean.

"As I only trust Don ..."
    "Bets changes" is missing.
    Bonté divine! Je ne vais pas faire confiance à Google translate plus ...

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So much confusion in this thread. Suppose you play with no indices at all, and just bet variation. Suppose your SCORE is, say, 40. Now, suppose, instead, you add the I18. And now, suppose your SCORE jumps to 50. So, 80% of your SCORE of 50 is due to bet variation, while 20% is due to adding the I18. Now, suppose you add all the rest of the indices in the world to the I18. The claim is that the SCORE of 50 will increase by about another 10%, to, roughly 55.

So now, what is the percentage breakdown? On a best-attainable SCORE of 55, 40/55 = 72.7% is due to bet variation. Another 10/55 = 18.2% is due to using the I18. And the last 5/55 = 9.1% is due to using the remainder of the indices.

CLEAR?????

Don

Don,

Now if only someone would aggregate all of this useful information in one location, dedicated to helping beginners educate themselves about the basics of the game (and even those who believe that they have advanced to some degree).

Perhaps it could all be integrated into a book? And the author could issue periodic revised versions, all titled, let's see, Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros Way. Nahhh!!!!

Why would they read a book when they can post and post, and post, and post......, and just annoy you?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Don,

Now if only someone would aggregate all of this useful information in one location, dedicated to helping beginners educate themselves about the basics of the game (and even those who believe that they have advanced to some degree).

Perhaps it could all be integrated into a book? And the author could issue periodic revised versions, all titled, let's see, Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros Way. Nahhh!!!!

Why would they read a book when they can post and post, and post, and post......, and just annoy you?
    Yes! Hahah!

I've got 2nd copy of BJA3 (identical X-Mas gift) in case anyone needs it! I'll sell it really cheap if it'll put an end to these posts!

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    On a best-attainable SCORE of 55, 40/55 = 72.7% is due to bet variation. Another 10/55 = 18.2% is due to using the I18. And the last 5/55 = 9.1% is due to using the remainder of the indices.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    "Betting and IL18 give 96%"makes NO sense at all.
    OK, betting and IL 18 give only 91% (more precisely 90.9%)
    Last edited by Phoebe; 09-23-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Why not use CVData ?

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    I was curious how you came up with your numbers.
    91% (more precisely 90.9%) come from Don (72.7% + 18.2%)

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    So much confusion in this thread. Suppose you play with no indices at all, and just bet variation. Suppose your SCORE is, say, 40. Now, suppose, instead, you add the I18. And now, suppose your SCORE jumps to 50. So, 80% of your SCORE of 50 is due to bet variation, while 20% is due to adding the I18. Now, suppose you add all the rest of the indices in the world to the I18. The claim is that the SCORE of 50 will increase by about another 10%, to, roughly 55.

So now, what is the percentage breakdown? On a best-attainable SCORE of 55, 40/55 = 72.7% is due to bet variation. Another 10/55 = 18.2% is due to using the I18. And the last 5/55 = 9.1% is due to using the remainder of the indices.

CLEAR?????

Don
    Thanks Don!

Yes, quite...!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast