See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Score

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Then the sims are useless for strategy comparison purposes. The bet structures CANNOT remain the same. They MUST be adjusted to be optimal for each sim. This has been explained numerous times.
    Last edited by Norm; 09-24-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

CVData is designed to provide the SCORE for an exact set of circumstances that you define -- NOT the optimal betting. You must call CVCX to get the optimal betting. And, why are you forcing the number of hands to change by the count? That is not optimal. You must compare strategies that are played optimally. Otherwise, the comparison is invalid.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Moses, you could be the most pig-headed person I've ever seen on the forum because not only have you been told where to find all the answers to these questions but you have also been told 100 times on the forum itself what the answers are, but you simply insist on TALKING. God gave you two ears and one mouth so that you could LISTEN twice as much as you talk. But, you talk, and you talk, and you talk. STFU and LISTEN!!

SCORE is NOT your hourly win rate for any spread you concoct, including the SAME spread for 30 different counts. SCORE is the sticker on 10 different new cars, each with an EPA mpg rating. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THAT BY ANYTHING YOU DO!!! You have no control over the SCORE of a game. NONE.

If you want to dabble in your own bet schemes and your own spreads, you will create sub-optimal results that are hourly win rates but are NOT SCOREs, no matter what you or any piece of software says or calls them. This is the absolute last time I will say this on the forum, as a) I've said it 1,000 times, and b) there is an entire chapter in BJA3 devoted to the concept.

If you tried reading instead of talking incessantly, there is at least a small chance that you would understand. But, admittedly, it's small.

Don

Moses,

Do you own BJA3? Rather than the constant back and forth, maybe just try reading the chapter on SCORE... like 10 times. Then come back and post. Hopefully Norm will have closed this tread by then.

Don and Norm, Einstein has said
    Insanity: trying to convince Moses over and over again and expecting different results.
    Maybe not exactly.

Answers in order, joke, boring, many, yes, yes.

Moses my friend, you need to calm down and drop it.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Moses... if you want to simulate what you are doing in order to improve your game then don't worry about SCORE. SCORE uses optimal bets, which no one uses at a real BJ table. Bets of $58 and $138, or whatever, create slow payouts and less profit. Use the sims to analyze your own betting ramps and win rates as you are doing now, then use that information accordingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    Bets of $58 and $138, or whatever, create slow payouts and less profit.
    If you use the CVCX Simplify options, it does not generate rainbow bets.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand Moses half the time?

Moses, I feel like so many of your posts are like inside jokes, except no one else is in on the joke. As I've heard Flash say before; you have this cryptic message style of writing. I am honestly pretty confused half of the time you post anything.

Well,you are better than me . i am confused most of the time. Everything i see and read are only half the truth which creates the confusion. Why can the world be just as simple as +1/-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If you change tags, you must change indices. If you change anything, you must recalculate the betting to be optimal.
    I sort of mentioned this to Moses long ago when he was experimenting around with or talking about altering tag values. I asked about his goal or objective in doing this and I didn't get much of a clear answer, but he appeared to be having fun with it so what the heck? If you flip something around, this causes a chain reaction in which all other values (indices) are altered. Much like the cosmological constant, changing a value means having to adjust all the other values.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast