See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF was I thinking DD at NYNY in LV

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

WTF was I thinking DD at NYNY in LV

It's been a while guys, but I've returned to card counting after an approximately one year break (experienced a $30-40K downswing playing ($50 - 2 x $600 DD and $10 - 2 x $500 shoe). Had a decent poker year (I live off $3/5 and $5/T) and figured I'd get back into this as supplementary income. Had the itch I guess.

Anyways I'm not sure if I shared this event, but I thought it was hilarious of me.

1 week trip planned for CC only in LV. First store was NYNY. DD $25 min. Decent Pen. 1 player. I was game. I bought in for $300. Within 20 minutes, I was spreading to 2 x $1200 or something ridiculous. LMFAO. Every time I ramped, the pit boss stared at me while counting some cards in his hands. Cannot recall if he back counted from the tray or not. By 30 minutes, I was down ~$5400. I attempted to bet again and then I got the boot when he pushed the chips back.

I said to the guy, but I'm down $6K!!! How you going to kick me? In an innocent childish way (I look 14 years old). I forget what he said, but there was nothing more to be said.

I should go back to the cage and request to cash out my theoretical EV!

-------

However I did have the foresight to play unrated. After the boot, I took my chips (around $2.5K) and walked out. Gave the money to a friend to cash out for me the next day (never stepped in). Pretty sure I can try that at least another time my next CC LV trip.
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 08-29-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 to 1 Spread View Post
    It's been a while guys, but I've returned to card counting after an approximately one year break (experienced a $30-40K downswing playing ($50 - 2 x $600 DD and $10 - 2 x $500 shoe). Had a decent poker year (I live off $3/5 and $5/T) and figured I'd get back into this as supplementary income. Had the itch I guess.

Anyways I'm not sure if I shared this event, but I thought it was hilarious of me.

1 week trip planned for CC only in LV. First store was NYNY. DD $25 min. Decent Pen. 1 player. I was game. I bought in for $300. Within 20 minutes, I was spreading to 2 x $1200 or something ridiculous. LMFAO. Every time I ramped, the pit boss stared at me while counting some cards in his hands. Cannot recall if he back counted from the tray or not. By 30 minutes, I was down ~$5400. I attempted to bet again and then I got the boot when he pushed the chips back.

I said to the guy, but I'm down $6K!!! How you going to kick me? In an innocent childish way (I look 14 years old). I forget what he said, but there was nothing more to be said.

I should go back to the cage and request to cash out my theoretical EV!

-------

However I did have the foresight to play unrated. After the boot, I took my chips (around $2.5K) and walked out. Gave the money to a friend to cash out for me the next day (never stepped in). Pretty sure I can try that at least another time my next CC LV trip.
    So you won? Since you say you cashed in for $300 and you cashed out $2.5 k.

I find it hard to believe you can look young, play at such huge spreads ($10 to 2x$500, $50 to 2x$600) in Zlas Vegas these days.

ZeeBabar's Recent Purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    <snip>Zlas Vegas these days.
    Zee bought the whole city and renamed it???

Dog Hand

Banned or Suspended

Lasting THAT long at THAT venue is very unusual.
    It suggests that your skill level is very dubious !

Sorry for the repost / reread, phone keeps gltiching my post, so replying through laptop now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    So you won? Since you say you cashed in for $300 and you cashed out $2.5 k.

I find it hard to believe you can look young, play at such huge spreads ($10 to 2x$500, $50 to 2x$600) in Zlas Vegas these days.
    I unfortunately lost $5400 or something similar to that number, not sure why it stuck to me. I bought in for $300 to look casual and reload fire, reload fire, reload fire to look like a martingale chase. I am not sure if the count died or went negative, but I'm pretty sure knowing myself, I went back down to $25 min after 2 x $300-400 or whatever, with enough fear to look at the pit boss stare back at me. The $2500 that I cashed out the next day was my own money that I added on trying to fire another bullet.

Regarding my spread of $10 to 2x$500, I try to avoid the purple limit, so I stick to 2x$400. That wasn't at the Vegas strip. I know, its sounds ridiculous for such a place to exist, but as many have mentioned, we all have our hidden gems. Either that, or I'm a fraud. Not sure which is more believable. Also I agree with the valid point that people vastly overestimate their own skills. I am no exception. However if its worth any merit, I do "crush" the $3/5 NL games and do reasonably okay at $5/T as I live off that. My analytical skills cannot be that bad, hopefully.

If it's worth anything, my persona is totally that of a gambler since I am a poker player. And I utilize that to my advantage I guess. Chip tricks and shuffling non stop throughout the session. Regarding boots, I have pretty much gotten boots from MGM, Baileys (topped at 2 x $1500 with one double down from a $10-15 min starting) and Peppermill, but they were all after at least the completion of 2-3 shoes. Mostly shoes. Peppermill was DD (which I felt like was hours) I got the ban after returning after a food break. It was last year at the Tesla Drawing when it was crowded.

As mentioned, as someone who "beats" poker, how badly can I screw this up?
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 08-30-2016 at 08:22 AM.

I got that he lasted 30 minutes. Sure normally would be 15-20, but not sure can just anything from taking 10 minutes longer.

As everyone knows, I am a lousy BJ player and the only place I got backed off in my rare trip to Las Vegas was at NYNY after about 45+ minutes spreading 1-6 at $25 min DD game. I had got up, left the table with a $400 win and a suit fell in step with me as I headed to the cage and told me that I was to no longer play BJ there.

So, I am surprised you got to spread so big.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 to 1 Spread View Post
    Every time I ramped, the pit boss stared at me while counting some cards in his hands. Cannot recall if he back counted from the tray or not.
    You may have the "tells" in poker down to the expert level but it sure sounds like you need to learn the "tells" in blackjack. Pit counting any cards is a huge red flag. In fact, taking that spread to them one on one is challenging them to kick you out!

I repeat, the majority of players in OSN are there due to DD on the strip! I suggest you made their BOLO page as an unknown. Just a photo of a know counter.

Playing unrated was good but you may also have been fly'erd on the strip.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

I was walking the south end of the strip the other day, and you know what I did when I got to NYNY? I walked right past it and never looked back, LOL. I'm not playing that sweat shop! Using such an aggressive spread on a DD game is a recipe for a BOLO Flyer. So if you're going to play that aggressively on DD, why waste in on a sweat shop like NYNY?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    I'm not playing that sweat shop! Using such an aggressive spread on a DD game is a recipe for a BOLO Flyer. So if you're going to play that aggressively on DD, why waste in on a sweat shop like NYNY?
    Thus the title.

I was spreading to 2 x $1200 or something ridiculous.
    The guy doesn't know his own spread.

Cannot recall if he back counted from the tray or not.
    Can't remember if the pit crew took the cards to count the discard...

I forget what he said, but there was nothing more to be said.
    Can't remember what the pit crew told him...

I unfortunately lost $5400 or something similar to that number.
    Can't even track his losses...

I'm not sure if the count died or went negative.
    No surprise here so far...

Also I agree with the valid point that people vastly overestimate their own skills. I am no exception.
    PLEASE, speak for yourself!

With all that nonsense, is it straight Bull.... you're saying? Otherwise, you should not play intoxicated!
    I loss two minutes of my time to make sure you won't pollute this forum.
    G Man

It sure sounds like bull to me... I've met plenty of fools at the tables but I must say I've never met a fool that's done the b******* this gentleman says he done

Sent from my B1-820 using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm a relatively immature guy online compared to irl, so I feel compelled to play along w/ Gman and Barney112.

I think you both fail to realize that this is a recollection story from my last year trip to LV. English was never my strong suit either. With that, let's begin.

1)For non-local game, I do not have a predetermined spread, as I spread to whatever I feel I can do without getting an immediate tap, as long as I finish the shoe, I don't care if its 20-1 or 500-1. As long as I generate the EV. If you can push harder than what you originally thought you could spread, why wouldn't you? The only reason is bankroll reasons I guess.

2) Cant remember pit crew words / if he back counted from a tray. Hmmm I guess I should remember this big important part in my life.

3) Can't even track his losses. It was a 40 minute loss, at one shop. Do you know how many more joints I hit within that day? $5400 was close enough to what I recall. Or should I screen shot my personal spread sheet and show all my winnings and losses. Rhetorical.

4) Assumptions made that I played intoxicated. At what point of this thread, was alcohol ever mentioned.

5) As a senior member, your sentiment that I am "polluting" this forum is hilarious. I can't imagine what you perceive the vast majority of others as if I'm considered toxic. As I am addressing most negatives in a slightly condescending but never aggressive manner.

MY favorite part!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barney112 View Post
    It sure sounds like bull to me... I've met plenty of fools at the tables but I must say I've never met a fool that's done the b******* this gentleman says he done

Sent from my B1-820 using Tapatalk
    Do explain what part of this sounds like bull? The part where a 24 year old can blow through $6K and go about his day? I think you forgot that I play poker for a living. Like do you even comprehend what you read? Like variance is what I do. Or the fact that I just spread a $10-15 to 2 x $1200 and got a few shoes in? Sorry if you're not blessed being an asian. Boy do we get away with more! You should work on your act!

"The bullshit this gentleman says he done" ---> I gave a description of a 10 minute card counting event. I ramped. I ramped. I ramped. Then I got kicked. Which part of this story was bullshit. Enlighten me. Dont cower.

The idea that I returned 1 year from AFK to make up a fake story and lie, to gain a few random responses is the most absurd thing I've heard in a while. Think about the probability of that occurring. Versus a poker player with a decent bank roll without a care of a ban. Which is more likely? Not sure how you proclaim to have made your own blackjack forum Gman when you have such a negative sentiment regarding a story which you falsely acclaim as lies. Good moderator and promoting attributes!

Really excited for Barney112 response as well. I can't wait to hear his perspective on why this is all bull and made up crap. Which part of this was unrealistic and infeasible.
    Last edited by 20 to 1 Spread; 08-30-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast