Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spanish 21 Standard Deviation

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Why do you say so?
    I studied a little online about this and found my EOR results match almost perfectly to others’. Below is a table from Live Blackjack, showing the normalized EORs for a 6-deck Blackjack game with DAS, DOA2, SPL3, SPLA1, LS, and S17, and a 6-deck S17 Spanish 21.
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 X A
    Blackjack: 0.41 0.48 0.65 0.83 0.45 0.25 -0.04 -0.22 -0.56 -0.58
    Spanish 21: 0.31 0.40 0.59 0.73 0.41 0.08 -0.20 -0.13 -0.39 -0.99

Now Let me list my normalized EORs for an 8-deck Spanish 21 game with DAS, DOA, SPL3, SPLA3, Hit-Ace, LS, DDR, and Stand-17. Normalizing means that eight cards are removed for each card rank, equivalent to one card per deck is removed, rather than one card per 8-deck shoe is removed.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 T A
    Spanish 21: 0.32 0.42 0.61 0.76 0.43 0.09 -0.19 -0.08 -0.31 -0.94

This means my results are correct. Somebody stepped on dislike on my previous post, and this makes me re-think these numbers. Based on this result, I would say a simple Ace-5 count would be good enough to beat this game of Spanish 21.
    aceside
    i had an inquiry a few days ago asking if I thought you were CIF. I said I didn’t think so. I further replied that I thought your appearing stupid was simply an act, and that as hard as this may be for others to believe, that you were smarter than you appeared.

I further pontificated that you had a Dipshit6582 style. Am I on track? I likely won’t believe anything you say.

I edited it out. Sometimes I post something to have fun.
    Reminds me of Dipshit6582

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hi Freightman, Please edit out my post in your quote because I just wanted to stir things up a little to have fun.

Freightman - Not only is it hard to believe that aceside is as stupid as he presents himself, but it's unbelievable that anyone who is shown to be wrong in 95% of his posts, just keeps posting wrong shit like the Energizer bunny.

Norm, you responded once that being wrong isn't against the rules. I think you need an amendment to your rules to cover the endless nonsense that aceside posts. As I'm sure you read on WoV, Eliot made a complimentary comment about the signal to noise ratio on this forum. I guess he missed aceside's posts.
    Last edited by 21forme; 08-25-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo

Hi Freightman, Please edit out my post in your quote because I just wanted to stir things up a little to have fun.
    Why would I do that. I’m complementing you. Very Dipshitish in fact. Only a very intelligent person could continuously author so many dumb posts. It takes talent.

Ace 5 count beats Spanish 21 - it was also very funny.

For some reason, there is a time lag on this forum. I deleted my post before Freightman quoted it. Please let Norm delete it.

For some reason, there is a time lag on this forum. I deleted my post before Freightman quoted it. Please let Norm delete it.
    There is no time lag. I was already responding to it before you deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Freightman - Not only is it hard to believe that aceside is as stupid as he presents himself, but it's unbelievable that anyone who is shown to be wrong in 95% of his posts, just keeps posting wrong shit like the Energizer bunny.

Norm, you responded once that being wrong isn't against the rules. I think you need an amendment to your rules to cover the endless nonsense that aceside posts. As I'm sure you read on WoV, Eliot made a complimentary comment about the signal to noise ratio on this forum. I guess he missed aceside's posts.
    I think purposely posted drivel and misinformation "just to have some fun" at, possibly, some unsuspecting readers' expense, seems to me to be a punishable offense. We don't need these kind of posters here. Again, had this been Don's Domain, aceside would have been gone ages ago.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Why would I do that. I’m complementing you.
    God forbid! You're complimenting him! I trust you know the difference.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    God forbid! You're complimenting him! I trust you know the difference.

Don
    Indeed I do. What I don’t know is if I typed it that way or the auto correct got to it.

Indeed I do. What I don’t know is if I typed it that way or the auto correct got to it.

The autocorrect usually doesn't correct a word that is correctly spelled.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The autocorrect usually doesn't correct a word that is correctly spelled.

Don
    Of course not, however, when you type as bad as me, who knows what might have appeared giving auto correct possibly a choice of words…..hmmm

My favourite auto correct - There are many, including you, who know what a lulav and etrog are. Typing that, for this forum, auto correct came up with lullabies and estrogen.

Consider it a (which is it) complement or compliment, that you noodged (not to be confused with nudged) me to spell check more often - drives me nuts.

Which reminds me - Where is Zee - his sanctioned vacation has got to be over.

who know what a lulav and etrog are.
    Ah, you have auto-correct set to Sephardic. I always pronounced it esrog.

Along those lines, I know someone named Malamud. His auto-correct always changed his name to Malamute.

And I'm surprised your auto-correct didn't remove the extra "m" you have in hmmm.

And lastly, I was wondering about Zee, as well. Hmm...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast