See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What kills the progression player?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I still have a 500 Cruzados Novos bill from the days when Brazil had 1,000% inflation. They actually stamped three zeros on bills at some point. Worth a tiny fraction of a penny now.

Try not to spend it in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Worth a tiny fraction of a penny now
    Collectable currency can be worth much more than its face value.

Blog Entries

When I lived in the South, they used to say: "Save your Confederate money. The South will raise again."
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

There's confederate money? I didn't know that.

I think the smallest value coin I have is a Mexican peso.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    It is interesting that betting progression post keeps coming up. Just yesterday I was reading the chapter on "roulette" in Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting and it talked about using a betting progression to crush the game of roulette when the "en prison" is in effect. Without the "en prison" is in effect a more powerful betting progression is needed. The progression involves decreasing you bet by one unit after each win, loss, or push. This way the the betting progression is anathemn to the table limit. It mention about the Fuchs Progression invented by the creator of KnockOut blackjack. I guess that roulette is a game vulnerable to betting systems. Page 446 in Beyond Counting.
    I need to break out my copy and read it again. I'm so glad to see that roulette is a vulnerable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    This was Grosjeans attempt at humor at the expense of progression bettors. He said to start at 1 unit and reduces by 1 unit if you win, lose or draw. Grosjean's comment was it works even better if you start with a 0 unit bet. The first progression has you making a 1 unit bet and no more wagers. The second progression has you never betting at all.
    How dare you say attempt. He's routinely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I didn't mean to imply it was an unsuccessful attempt at humor. Just that Grosjeans comments didn't indicate that roulette is vulnerable to progression betting.
    My fake indignation didn't come across in the post, apparently.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345