See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaner look

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's not maroon. It's all the way up and down the right side of the screen on the main forum page.
    I don't see it and I don't use it. So far as I can tell there is no tool bar running down the right side of the screen.

Blog Entries

"I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I don't use it.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    IMO, the most effective thing you could do to clean up this forum is have a post limit of 5 posts per day.

Maybe a poll would get you more responses.

Never even knew it existed. I use the maroon horizontal bar at the top, and click on New Posts all the time.

Don

I agree with Don

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    IMO, the most effective thing you could do to clean up this forum is have a post limit of 5 posts per day.
    Good to see you posting. All well?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

All well. Thanks for asking. Responded to your greeting in another thread a week or two ago.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    I will make you a deal 21forme. I will cut back to 5 a day if you will step up to 5 a day. Just saying, in my opinion, you're a bright guy with alot to offer. What's holding you back?
    Sorry, but I don't think I can do it. When it comes to posts, I believe in quality, not quantity. I didn't call out anyone specifically (but you know who you are), as I suspect Norm would frown upon that. But if the shoe fits...

Blog Entries

Add to the mix and you add to quality. Make snide remarks on another site to suggest no one should contribute here, and you subtract. Just my not so humble opinion. One person has spent nearly a year telling everyone on six sites, in hundreds of posts, as many as five a day, to never come here because this is a purely voodoo site with an agenda to scam them. How does that help the community? How does that help new players?

We need to have more than one site. Sites can disappear. Dozens have.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think I can do it. When it comes to posts, I believe in quality, not quantity. I didn't call out anyone specifically (but you know who you are), as I suspect Norm would frown upon that. But if the shoe fits...
    Going after Zee as you have does not coincide with your lofty goals. Different strokes - different folks. Some people including myself, look at a social aspect over and above theoretical aspect. I think I contribute my fair share to the theoretical.

Blog Entries

I think the social aspects are as important as the theoretical and the nitty-gritty and the experiences and the heads-ups and the explanations of nuances and otherwise. Fact is, life on the road can be improved by social interaction. Besides that, you can never tell what gems might occasionally come from idle chitchat. And, as much as I like the concept of quality over quantity -- without quantity, a site dies. In that case, there is no new quality.

No doubt, the balance is difficult.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast