See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Level 2 count system

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The problem is ,it is not a 15% gain and it took me a casual 400+ hours to get somewhat decent with it .I have not trained hard at it with full speed or there is no way i can keep up with fast dealers . Is it worth my time ? i still don't know . I have had a much easier time using wong out and using stricter game selection with Hi Lo and have a lot better results . With all the cover plays and tip , the gain is just not there. I am still using RPC for the sake of playing other opportunities that just can vanish in an instant. To invest that kind of time and effort for such a small gain( general condition) . I could be missing other better opportunities that is available . Opportunity cost?

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    The problem is ,it is not a 15% gain and it took me a casual 400+ hours to get somewhat decent with it .I have not trained hard at it with full speed or there is no way i can keep up with fast dealers . Is it worth my time ? i still don't know . I have had a much easier time using wong out and using stricter game selection with Hi Lo and have a lot better results . With all the cover plays and tip , the gain is just not there. I am still using RPC for the sake of playing other opportunities that just can vanish in an instant. To invest that kind of time and effort for such a small gain( general condition) . I could be missing other better opportunities that is available . Opportunity cost?
    If you stick with it you will be able to keep up with the fastest dealers and do it error free. It takes time and practice. If you decide it isn't worth it you know what to expect with the system drawdown. It is up to you to assess it for you. You know your work ethic etc. I will say with most tasks far more difficult than you have tasked yourself with the learning process seems more exponential than linear. You will struggle to make things work right and then one day you will go over a hump and where you saw little improvement in a given time you will be improving at a rate you never would have thought possible. Some don't stick with it long enough to get to that point. It sounds like you are approaching it. You can assess if it is worth it or not right now. If you decide it is things will come easier and faster as you go once you climb over that hump.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    It seems that if you can only double on 10,11 then an Ace side loses its value considerably. What not just drop it when doubling against 11 situations?
    Obviously when you lose some options where the ace side count was useful you will lose some EV but those 10 and 11 doubles are where the ace side count can be very useful.

if i am gonna strictly count there is no doubt i will learn the hardest count i can handle but it does not seemed to be the best approach to me right now. i don't mind even putting 2000,3000 hours into learning ,if it is worth it. i had 2 good opportunities that boost me up from a smaller but if i had waited for myself to learn the best possible method to play it they would have been gone . therefore i took the most efficient that can extra the best EV. both of these stores ceased to have that kind of opportunities now. i think i have made a right choice .

Banned or Suspended

"Nothing feels worse than getting (an ACE) with 11. Paying double to stand on 12."
    Just one (exemplary) reason why an Ace-Reckoned count has reduced Playing Efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    MJ - Knowing you're a KO guy, check out the power of TKO for all your games. In DD, use TKO with quarter deck estimation, top 70 indexes (generated by CVData) and an Ace side count. The best system in the world (Hi-Opt II with full indexes and Ace side count) may beat it by 10 - 15%. But then you move on seamlessly to the multi-deck shoe game and will tear it up with TKO. No system has more than a very slight advantage over TKO (with top 70 indexes) in a 6 or 8 deck game.

I rest my case. Bring it on you count freaks..!!!
    Actually, no.........HI LO but I doubt your answer would change. And I know that ZenFlash is a big advocate of Hi-Opt II with ASC or Zen for the pitch games. So that is at least two learned opinions...............LOL
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

, do double deck games in Vegas allow doubling on all these items?

It seems that if you can only double on 10,11 then an Ace side loses its value considerably. What not just drop it when doubling against 11 situations?
    Moses, I KNOW you are limited in your "single deck paradise" up north but you NEED to venture out some............LOL

DD in Vegas varies but MOST I have experienced allow double on anything. Some limit opportunities. Many don't allow DAS; some do. So you have to be cognizant of the house rules. There is no one shoe fits all category. Luckily I have not seen many 6-5 DD tables; only one in our jurisdiction which pretty much makes it a stupid game but you see people play it. (Really????)
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    "single deck paradise"
    Moses lives in a fool's paradise, that is IF he ever
    labeled RENO "single deck paradise"

HIGH House Edges, Pen' mostly from poor to awful,
    paranoia reigns, restricted doubles and ubiquitous
    endemic preferential shuffling.

Indeed, I recently turned down a Reno/Tahoe junket.

[QUOTE=moses;199287]
    "Sort of like being married. Lol. "
    I have a friend who is a Family Court Judge. Some years back, a teenage defendant threatened him.
    You don't scare me, he replied. I've been married for 25 years.

"Hey, it still beats working or charging up and down basketball floors at my age"
    The knee pounding may cause you to dribble before you shoot.

On a more serious note, we strategize to suit our particular circumstance and ability.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123