Thread: Playing index question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Playing index question

How accurate is hitting 10 vs 15 with running count 11 or less playing the KO or Reko count with rules six deck S17,DAS,LS. Surrender on 12 or high. Setting irc = 0

You meant to write 15 vs. 10, no? If the IRC is zero, why on earth would you need a RC of 11 to surrender, when the play is BS? What am I missing??

Don

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    How accurate is hitting 10 vs 15 with running count 11 or less playing the KO or Reko count with rules six deck S17,DAS,LS. Surrender on 12 or high. Setting irc = 0
    Assuming your question is about whether to hit or surrender 15 v. 10 (as Don noted), the answer is that: it depends on how many decks have been played/remaining. In KO, the running count must increase by 4 for each deck played to remain at a TC of 0. So if the running count has increased by 11 after 3 decks have been played, your true count is below 0 and you would hit. If the running count is 12 or greater after three decks, you would surrender. Thus the weakness of KO and why I play true-counted KO.

Yes, right. Sorry for the above. Forgot we were talking about KO and that I needed to add four per deck. Don't work with unbalanced counts all that much. My fault.

Don