Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Ladies

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lucky Ladies

Using the Hi-Lo count, what is the optimum way to use the Lucky Ladies side?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by saxymusic View Post
    Using the Hi-Lo count, what is the optimum way to use the Lucky Ladies side?
    Bet $5 when TC is +6, $10 when +7, $15 when +8, $20 when +9, $25 when +10 or higher.

Banned or Suspended

There are two (2) distinct pay tables for this game.

Note that the side bet slows down the game and

makes you easier to "pick off" as a card counter.

I believe the trigger count is 7 for DD and 8 for shoes.

As ZMF indicated beware of different pay tables.

Can be improved somewhat with tailored count.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

A Qh surplus lowers the barrier while a deficit raises it. Deep pen is very important. Bets for the dealer usually affects pen. At least it did when I played.

The variance is pretty bad on this bet huh?

Blog Entries

Yep. See Modern Blackjack page 219: https://qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage219.htm
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

The EV can be quite high; if variance is a concern, don't play it.

There's multiple answers to this question since we can consider at least three varying factors: pay table, DD or 6D, EV-maximizing or risk adverse index.

Some answers are more available than others, but you really should be able to find all them through a simple search engine result.

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughHeat View Post
    There's multiple answers to this question since we can consider at least three varying factors: pay table, DD or 6D, EV-maximizing or risk adverse index.

Some answers are more available than others, but you really should be able to find all them through a simple search engine result.
    Nice answer. 8-deck is good as well.

I was waiting for Flash and there was a crappy H17 BJ table next to me. I started counting it when they shuffled. The count got good enough I was hoping to get a seat. A guy left and I took his spot. The count skyrocketed in just 2 rounds at the crowded table and busted out the guy next to me. I now had 2 spots and the LL bet was plus EV. I got in a little over a half dozen rounds before the shuffle. I won the max bet LL bet on every hand except 1. I hit every payout except the 2 that involve the Qh sisters. I won almost $2K and almost all of it was off the LL bet. I pushed a bunch of rounds to dealer 20's and the dealer got a BJ and hit out to 21 once. The Playing Count was a monster. I would have only made a few hundred on the main bet. The rest of my experience with the bet is quite a yawner. Not many bets placed and not much to comment about.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Bet $5 when TC is +6, $10 when +7, $15 when +8, $20 when +9, $25 when +10 or higher.
    Really, is that the optimum bet based on your bankroll and the edge of the game at those counts? I'd suspect the optimum ramp for most peoples bankroll would be something like bet $5 or $10 at +6, bet the max at +7 and higher, but that's just my guess. You should also note the paytables involved LL10 and LL9 have different count thresholds.

Quote Originally Posted by Player1 View Post
    The variance is pretty bad on this bet huh?
    Made up for by the fact that the count required to make this bet rarely comes up. If you bust out as a BJ player it won't be because you bet Lucky Ladies.

I have a RA index and just bet the max of $25 when it is in play. Norm showed the link to when the bet increases both EV and SCORE. Maybe this is why my tale has me crushing it once and not much to talk about the rest of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast