See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Opt II vs DMPro

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    ...Face it blackjack is as simple as hi lo and that's it. Unless you want to get into sequencing or tracking, different story, but for counting, that's it, that's how you beat the SHOE game.
    I'll preface this by saying that I use REKO, so I'm not pushing complex counts or side counts.

LoneWolf, this is absurdly untrue. As has been said repeatedly, there is benefit from many of the complex counts and side counts. The real question is whether the gain is worth it. We all know that you don't think it is, but please stop equating "the gain isn't worth it (to me)" with "there is no gain".

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Are we talking our Frank? Tabasco has allowed me to escape arguments from many bland meals.
    But this Frank might get you out of many messy situations!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Let's not run before we walk. There are meat lovers and there are vegetarians...or is it veternarians?
    With me it's veganism all the way.

Anybody plays minus count . I am curious. I see a lot of heavy - counts and wanna hit 12 vs 5 but nooooo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I hit a 12 vs 5 at the appropriate negative count. It's just more difficult at a crowded table, especially if you are at third base because of the comments that follow if you bust , the dealer makes the hand and a bunch of people lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I hit a 12 vs 5 at the appropriate negative count. It's just more difficult at a crowded table, especially if you are at third base because of the comments that follow if you bust , the dealer makes the hand and a bunch of people lose.
    1. Shit happens
    2. A good way to depopulate the table.

Remember this golden rule. The ones selling the idea of side counts are the ones who either have an agenda or simply dont play enough in the real world to notice there's no difference at all. Plain and simple.
    Really? Are you really this narrow minded?

I use HiLo and selective departures to fit what I play. But I do understand the multilevel counts and their value.

You conjecture of those players as "having an agenda or not playing enough in the real world" is so wrong as to only make you appear the fool.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Norm, if you are monitoring this thread, I am curious. Have you checked LoneWolf's IP address? Curious if he has posted here with a different username.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Blog Entries

I think it is likely that it is a sock, but can't tell from the IPs. If he again suggests that someone has an "agenda" for stating an opinion, he will be suspended.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

You dont know that. Until we get real world evidence, thats just an assumption based off a simulation that one count outperforms another. We need a case study of several people all using different counts playing for 20 years straight. The only thing sims are good for is to tell us if these systems get the money which they all do, but it doesnt tell us if one if better than the other.
    I think you just lost credibility with everyone that isn't a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    2. A good way to depopulate the table.
    Or get the local players to never play at your table. Either way it is plus EV.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I think it is likely that it is a sock, but can't tell from the IPs. If he again suggests that someone has an "agenda" for stating an opinion, he will be suspended.
    But it's ok for other people to attack me? Calling me a newbie as well as an idiot along with many other personal attacks? God i love the double standard. Keep it coming. You want to ban me. Go ahead, you guys lose out more than I do. You're just putting an even darker hole on your website that used to be one of the better sites around with many more professional players.

Blog Entries

This is another post where you sound exactly like someone banned. Where did anyone call you an idiot?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast