See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Opt II vs DMPro

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bottomline seems to be that changing counts for 6-8 deck games does not result in significantly more success.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    Arnold Snyder and Richard Epstein agree with me
    Name dropping to acquire credibility actually is negative Ev, I really have no concern over who agrees with you, but some facts on the topic might be worthy of consideration. Present the data and give me the chance to draw a conclusion for myself.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Fooledbyrandomness

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It's just funny to me. The ones who care so much about side counts are simply bored and think there has to be some more advanced way of beating the game because it just seems to easy too count +1 and -1. Face it blackjack is as simple as hi lo and that's it. Unless you want to get into sequencing or tracking, different story, but for counting, that's it, that's how you beat the SHOE game. If you want to play PITCH games, side count your arse off.

Remember this golden rule. The ones selling the idea of side counts are the ones who either have an agenda or simply dont play enough in the real world to notice there's no difference at all. Plain and simple.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    LoneWolf,

Whatever works for you.

But please respect my right to disagree, and to employ a different system to count/track cards, and to believe that my methodology is superior to Hi-Lo for betting, playing deviations and surrender & insurance decisions.

Or do you believe that the Model T was/is sufficient to get everyone from Point A to Point B, and that no one should expect improvements? Better fuel efficiency? Improvements in braking and other safety equipment? Manual transmissions and automatic transmission systems?
    Last edited by Frank Galvin; 07-03-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Blog Entries

Remember this golden rule. The ones selling the idea of side counts are the ones who either have an agenda or simply dont play enough in the real world to notice there's no difference at all.
    1. Most religions have a variation of the Golden Rule. I don't remember yours among them.
    2. Your belief that there is no difference at all is at odds with the conclusions of every blackjack expert.
    3. Do not again suggest anyone here has an "agenda" without damn good reason.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    LoneWolf,

Whatever works for you.

But please respect my right to disagree, and to employ a different system to count/track cards, and to believe that my methodology is superior to Hi-Lo for betting, playing deviations and surrender & insurance decisions.

Or do you believe that the Model T was/is sufficient to get everyone from Point A to Point B, and that no one should expect improvements? Better fuel efficiency? Improvements in braking and other safety equipment? Manual transmissions and automatic transmission systems?
    A ferarri will get you from point A to Point B faster, a Rolls Royce in more comfort and a Prius quite cheaply. If it's a long trip on a winding road, the Ferrari will get you there much faster, on a long straight highway on a long trip, the Rolls is way more comfortable but if it's a trip under 500 miles, you don't even have to stop at a gas station and the ride ain't so bad in the Prius.

HiLo is not the model T. While it's been in play for a long time, enhancements have been made to HiLo (I-18, indexes), there are optimal betting charts that did not exist in the 60's or 70's, there is ease of use and plenty of evidence to suggest that switching counts is not worth it. For those of us who often play rated or long sessions, the ease of HiLo makes it possible to have a great act and manage well barely looking at the table.

yes, other counts get you more under certain circumstances that do not come quite as often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    yes, other counts get you more under certain circumstances that do not come quite as often.
    I am not an advocate of side counts, and generally advise simpler strategies. But, this statement is inaccurate. RPC will provide better results. You don't need "certain circumstances."

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I am not an advocate of side counts, and generally advise simpler strategies. But, this statement is inaccurate. RPC will provide better results. You don't need "certain circumstances."
    You dont know that. Until we get real world evidence, thats just an assumption based off a simulation that one count outperforms another. We need a case study of several people all using different counts playing for 20 years straight. The only thing sims are good for is to tell us if these systems get the money which they all do, but it doesnt tell us if one if better than the other.

Blog Entries

This is the same kind of stuff you read in progression books.
    Last edited by Norm; 07-04-2016 at 04:27 AM.

We need a case study of several people all using different counts playing for 20 years straight.
    Please let me know how your study turns out 20 years from now. Until then, you have no evidence so drop it.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Of course it tells you which count makes more money. It's the ingredients you put in that satisfy YOUR taste when it's said and done. It really comes down to the individuals game plan and what makes sense for them to employ in order to maximize profits.
    Tweaking to up the experience - Tabasco or Frank's Hot sauce.

I prefer Frank's - I put that shit on everything

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast