Thread: Warning: Copyrighted material

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Warning: Copyrighted material

I have been told that someone here is distributing PDFs of books. Distribution of copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in 176 countries. The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights recognizes intellectual property as a fundamental human right. The four founders of Pirate Bay all went to prison, and the founders of Megaupload face decades behind bars for merely aiding such. If this is occurring, it must stop immediately. Authors put an enormous amount of effort into their works, usually with little income, and have a right to control how their intellectual property is distributed.

If this isn't clear enough -- I consider this stealing from friends in addition to a violation of human rights.

Fair warning: Any such activity from this point on will result in sanctions, including the reporting of the offenders, both uploaders and downloaders, to the relevant publishers/authors.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-19-2016 at 07:52 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I'm pretty sure I know exactly who already so I'm wondering why he hasn't been violently outed yet.

TPTB still haven't shut down youtube though yet, huh?...

I'm sorry, but "because people went to prison" is never a good argument for why you should or shouldn't do something. Justice and morality exist well outside the range of the what the justice system chews up and metes out. And I agree with your moral assessment otherwise.

So, do we need to delete all these copyrighted files now on our computers or can we keep em?

Thanks for the fair clear warning this time unlike before...

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know exactly who already so I'm wondering why he hasn't been violently outed yet.
    I have this "thing" about proof. I don't like accusing people of crimes based on rumors, even when I know it is true. Unfortunately, there are people that make a habit of this.

TPTB still haven't shut down youtube though yet, huh?...
    YT very quickly responds to DMCA complaints. I know as I've filed many. After a while, I no longer had to. They simply automatically deleted "videos" that did nothing but link to sites that supposedly gave keys for CV. Actually, I did the crooks a favor as most of the sites gave people viruses. Probably should have left them up as they deserved them.

I'm sorry, but "because people went to prison" is never a good argument for why you should or shouldn't do something. Justice and morality exist well outside the range of the what the justice system chews up and metes out. And I agree with your moral assessment otherwise.
    Well, I'm not going to prison for other people's criminal acts, particularly when they disgust me. This is not a piracy site.

So, do we need to delete all these copyrighted files now on our computers or can we keep em?
    That would be a good idea. I have an extensive, legal, AP library, including the unusual "vector" system a member is looking for.

Thanks for the fair clear warning this time unlike before...
    You're welcome. I think my position has been clear on this since the site was created.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-20-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse