See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will flat betting buy me any time?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Will flat betting buy me any time?

I've been wondering about this for a while now. If i backcount tables and come in and flat bet, am i even buying any time by doing this? Should I just spread 1-4? Will flat betting and backcounting even fool anyone compared to the heat of backcounting and using a 1-4 spread? Lets say I keep my sessions short for under an hour, what is the most optimal way to play to maximize my return and longevity? Im guessing if i keep my sessions short, flat betting is overkill, is it not? I might as well spread it a bit like 1-4 and get the N0 down about 4000 or 5000 rounds.

What do you guys think? I believe someone else posted about this a while ago. It's a very interesting approach.

Wonging-in is effective. There's no reason not to ramp up. If you're talking about wonging-in, wonging out then wonging back in, your infinite spread isn't going to go unnoticed in the same pit for very long.

Any money made by Wong was not at the 21 tables.
    Blackwood never wonged.

It is back counting that is a threat to longevity, not flat betting. Flat betting only at positive counts contributes to longevity as it doe not provide any movement of money with the count for surveillance to analyze. Using spotters is by far more optimal.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

If you have a copy of BJAIII, check out the SCORE tables and Don's analysis on pages 156-162. Some very interesting results are revealed. For instance, in a 4.5/6, S17, DAS, LS game, a play-all approach with a 1-12 spread yields a SCORE of 52.04, whereas wonging in at +2 and flat betting yields a SCORE of 43.94. Wonging in at +2 and spreading only 1-2 yields a SCORE of 52.70!

So wonging is clearly the way to go in a shoe game if you have the right conditions. But pulling it off consistently as a "LoneWolf" player will be a challenge. This is where a two-man team can work really well as in "The Blackjack Life".

"Any money made by Wong was not at the 21 tables."

Surely, you know that that isn't true.

Don

With the exception of tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    If you have a copy of BJAIII, check out the SCORE tables and Don's analysis on pages 156-162. Some very interesting results are revealed. For instance, in a 4.5/6, S17, DAS, LS game, a play-all approach with a 1-12 spread yields a SCORE of 52.04, whereas wonging in at +2 and flat betting yields a SCORE of 43.94. Wonging in at +2 and spreading only 1-2 yields a SCORE of 52.70!

So wonging is clearly the way to go in a shoe game if you have the right conditions. But pulling it off consistently as a "LoneWolf" player will be a challenge. This is where a two-man team can work really well as in "The Blackjack Life".
    Well you and others did not answer my question the way I wanted to. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I wanted. I know what the most optimal and higher SCORE style would be as I have summed both situations and the clear winner with a low N0 and high SCORE is spreading your bets by wonging in and out. My question is not about what's the most optimal way, but whether or not flat betting by wonging in and out will buy me ANY more cover than by back counting and spreading betsm. Because if it doesn't I might as well spread my bets while wonging in and out and get that higher SCORE and lower N0.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    Well you and others did not answer my question the way I wanted to. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I wanted. I know what the most optimal and higher SCORE style would be as I have summed both situations and the clear winner with a low N0 and high SCORE is spreading your bets by wonging in and out. My question is not about what's the most optimal way, but whether or not flat betting by wonging in and out will buy me ANY more cover than by back counting and spreading betsm. Because if it doesn't I might as well spread my bets while wonging in and out and get that higher SCORE and lower N0.
    No extra cover. Wonging-in will draw most of the heat, and wonging out will draw the rest. A 1-4 spread will probably go completely unnoticed at a shoe unless maybe you're going from $25 to $100 (two colors)-even then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Still grossly false.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Still grossly false.

Don
    Well, you can't say he's not consistent.

Ploppies ramp up and down with no logic whatsoever. Its mostly based on their luck so far and gutsy moves, especially with side bets. You're just another guy playing more or less chips. Look like a ploppy. Talk like a ploppy. Act like a ploppy. Ramping like a robot is a tale teller.

You can not fool the computer analysis . Unless there is some secret way of doing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast