See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: card counting coaching

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is an absolute SCAM. Hoping to find newbies that will pay you to teach them to count cards is an absolutely pathetic low. ALL OF THE INFORMATION anyone could EVER need to learn how to count cards is available via the internet and a couple books perhaps (but not required).

Here... Here is all of the information any newbie needs to know to have a winning game in blackjack, and it's FREE. This is also just ONE of tons of resources on many sites that have the necessary information:

http://wizardofvegas.com/articles/A-...-in-Blackjack/
    http://wizardofvegas.com/articles/A-...n-Blackjack-2/
    http://wizardofvegas.com/articles/A-...n-Blackjack-3/

I also FOR FREE answer follow up questions and discussions as well as have done some bankroll/team management (FOR FREE). I strive to pass along information that was once passed along to me, even if I didn't have any teachers and learned the hard way... It's my hope that the next generation (in anything, let alone card counting) will have more resources and information available to them than I did in order to become more educated about topics. This is why I put so much effort in to teaching others and require ABSOLUTELY NO MONETARY VALUE in return.

Anyone attempting to charge a session or hourly rate to teach you card counting is a complete SCAM artist. The fact that he's "temporarily out of money" is even more of a joke considering no professional would play with more than 1% RoR nor overextend their bankroll to get to that point... and if the OP did, then he is NO professional in NO position to teach ANYONE.

***I'll make a 1 time exception for the OP ONLY... $1,000/hour and I'll teach you how to not run out of money in blackjack. Other lessons will cost more.
    Last edited by Romes; 05-04-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That's funny, you accuse me of 'scamming' while hijacking my thread to engage in the shameless self promotion of your own writing.

That's shameless self promotion? No, it's FREE INFORMATION to give to newbies to avoid scammers LIKE YOU.

It's proving that all of the information you want to teach is already out there, again for free. I never even intended to write articles. It started as a thread and I was asked to expand and make them in to articles. Now it's all the information in 1 easy place for people to learn from and then come back with follow-up questions/discussion/etc.

Perhaps you should give them a read... After all not going broke is discussed in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    A monkey can learn to count cards. I don't see how anyone who is really interested would be "stumbling around in the darkness for years."
    The technical side of card counting is very easy. It just takes time and patience to learn it all. But there's a lot more to counting than +1 and -1 that the books don't really teach you. I can see where a mentor in this case would come in handy. When I first started, It never even dawned on me that these types of forums or communities existed. So for the first year, I was playing without the aid of software or outside guidance. I read a few books and that was about it. After I joined BJ21.com and this forum, I can say that I learned more in a three or four week period on the forums than I did in the previous year on my own.

I started in the very beginning of 2014 and If I had someone mentoring me at the time, I believe I could have learned everything that I know now in at least half the time. Even though I know I still have much more to learn, I know that I'm light years ahead of where I was when I was just starting out. I probably could have achieved those same results much quicker though if I had someone working with me at the time. I own 20+ blackjack books and read most of them so far, but a lot of them won't teach you things that you can learn from the forums or from a mentor.

Banned or Suspended

Anyone who is promoting themselves as a [compensated] teacher for something as dramatically simple as Hi-Lo is ...

I have mentored numerous players who learn to utilize advanced counts and effective playing techniques -
    GRATIS.

Hi-lo's simplicity is it's strength. Simple means fewer playing errors, means you can get in more rounds per hour and play longer sessions without experiencing mental fatigue. The fact is that in the modern shoe game the negligible advantage gained by using a more complex level 2 or level 3 count is more than offset by errors and reductions in game speed.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    "Hi-lo's simplicity is it's strength. Simple means fewer playing errors, means you can get in more rounds per hour and play longer sessions without experiencing mental fatigue. The fact is that in the modern shoe game the negligible advantage gained by using a more complex level 2 or level 3 count is more than offset by errors and reductions in game speed."

This "simplicity" mind-set is a stark absurdity.

What Card Counter makes "errors"?

The advantage gained is never "negligible" !

It is always (statistically) significant.

"Reduction in Game Speed" ?

W.T.F. ?

All card counters make errors even the great ZenMaster Flash. Errors in deck estimation for example are inevitable since no one can look at a discard tray and say 'hmmm yes 109 cards have been dealt it is TC 2.68'. Beginning counters often make all sorts of errors, including errors in basic strategy, inaccurate applications of indice plays, over betting / under betting... and the list goes on and on and on.

Game speed is extremely important, so important it almost dwarfs all the other factors. The more rounds you get in per hour the more money you make. Using hi lo, playing heads up against an extremely fast dealer I can get in 300 rounds per hour. That means I make 3x as much money as someone who is playing only 100 rounds per hour.

Banned or Suspended

"All card counters make errors ... Errors in deck estimation are inevitable since no one can look at a discard tray and ...
    Beginning counters often make ... errors, ... in basic strategy, inaccurate applications of indice plays, over betting / under betting..."

"Game speed is extremely important, so important it almost dwarfs all the other factors. The more rounds you get in per hour the more money you make. Using hi lo, playing heads up against an extremely fast dealer I can get in 300 rounds per hour.
    That means I make 3x as much money as someone who is playing only 100 rounds per hour."

Deck Estimation errors have nothing to do with what count is employed.
    If one makes Basic Strategy errors, they don't belong at the table, OBVIOUSLY.

Giving the "Benefit of the Doubt" applies well here.
    300 hands per hour is possible ONLY if playing MULTIPLE hands per round.
    NEVER otherwise. 300 rounds per hour must be a typo.

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 05-04-2016 at 11:32 AM.

With a sufficiently fast dealer I can play 300 rounds per hour. Certainly 200-250. No typo, no exaggeration. Many times I have beaten the machine and sat there waiting for it. Perhaps you have forgotten what it is like to have a young man's mind?
    Last edited by Meistro123; 05-04-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Banned or Suspended

300 per round. LOL 300 / 60 = 12
    The dealer cannot deal a round in 12 seconds,
    even with an A S M
    It has nothing to do with your ("youthful") brain.

Blog Entries

With a sufficiently fast dealer I can play 300 rounds per hour.
    Me too.
    Especially in UK, no hole card, no pair splitting on 44/55/TT

Pretty sure 300 / 60 is 5. How high are you right now Flash?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast