Thread: Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting (Looking to Purchase)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting (Looking to Purchase)

I have been searching online for a copy of Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting to purchase. It is quiet elusive, so I figured I check here and see if anyone has a copy they would be willing to part with. I am interested as both a collector and amateur AP.

Thank you!

Moderators: If this post is in the wrong area, please let me know and I will move it immediately.

Banned or Suspended

Are you prepared to spend several thousands of dollars for a copy ?

Actually, last few copies that sold on ebay, went for under $2k. Collectible value of book falling back to realistic levels. Expect it will sell on average for $1300-$1400 by next year.

JG's insight and analysis in his book are valuable, in and of itself, but never understood the collectible phenoma that drove the price of this book to over $3000 on both ebay and amazon.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

The main message of the book is to always keep your eyes open for opportunities and knowing how to exploit them (mainly dealer mistakes or miscalculated promos).

Also tells the correct strategy for carnival games if certain cards are known.

Unless you actually plan on putting in the time to learn those games and strategies, and putting even more time scouting for exploitable dealers, it's not really worth the collector value.

I've had the pleasure of reading the book, special thanks to a member.

I enjoy the book both for the information and how JG writes. It has a ton of information, including some that hasn't entirely leaked out as of yet. OP, as ZMF stated you'd better be prepared to spend a shiny penny on it. Forums and ebay/amazon are going to be your best places. I got my copy from someone selling on a forum... Though I plan on keeping mine for life, and trying to get JG to sign it =).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Actually, last few copies that sold on ebay, went for under $2k. Collectible value of book falling back to realistic levels.
    I bought mine from JG for $250 and watched it's value climb to $3,000. I'll handle it the same way I've handled stocks -- hold it until it drops back to its original value.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I bought mine from JG for $250 and watched it's value climb to $3,000. I'll handle it the same way I've handled stocks -- hold it until it drops back to its original value.
    How novel - most buy high and sell low.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    How novel - most buy high and sell low.
    It's a "Capital Gains Avoidance" strategy!

Dog Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    It's a "Capital Gains Avoidance" strategy!

Dog Hand
    Ever sold a stock prior to year end to log a capital loss?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAP View Post
    I have been searching online for a copy of Exhibit CAA: Beyond Counting to purchase. It is quiet elusive, so I figured I check here and see if anyone has a copy they would be willing to part with. I am interested as both a collector and amateur AP.

Thank you!

Moderators: If this post is in the wrong area, please let me know and I will move it immediately.
    I will sell it to you if you are willing to pay me 3000 ! Deal ?

2800?

Banned or Suspended

I bought 1,000 shares of stock in Apple®

at < $17 and sold it for > $16

I'd be wealthy today had I held it.

I have a mint copy, $2500 would certainly take it.