Thread: The future of Blackjack is here!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The future of Blackjack is here!

Soooooo I saw this game some time ago, but havnt seen anybody post about it....Its certainly very "special"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYeNXrElDQ

You can't see the other players cards and their play still affects you or actually doesn't affect you just as it did before but you don't see what they are doing.

It's "special" all right... special Olympics. "No need to have those pesky newbies to upset the sacred flow of the cards" and how about that $10 tip?Hahaha Just think, you can also have "bottle service" at the club for $500 with your crapjack and look like a big wheel!! It's a "slam dunk" if I ever saw it, for whom remains questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    You can't see the other players cards and their play still affects you or actually doesn't affect you just as it did before but you don't see what they are doing.
    You don't see all the cards to the extent that you might as well be playing a CSM! Idiotic.

I can only imagine this game would offer horrendous rules in order to offset the fact that this game probably moves 75% slower than a traditional blackjack game. And obviously not countable because you can't see anyone else's cards. This just looks terrible. But I guess I can see how this might be appealing to the newbie that's too nervous to join a traditional BJ game.

It will never fly. Takes up too much floor space. Roulette gives them a better margin, slots for sure. Plus it's way too slow.
    And poppies want to see the other players cards too. They have their trends and whatever. So it's not favorable to them either. They will avoid it.

What happens if a player on one terminal wants to split hand #2, but a player on another terminal wants to hit hand #2? I guess the dealer can just show the cards one at a time, and each terminal interprets the card to be assigned where appropriate (so that the guy who hit will see the next card as adding to the card total, but the guy who split will see the next card as going to the first of the original two cards only, etc.)- but this seems difficult to work with, since you are looking at a live camera feed.

Quote Originally Posted by ACFERRET View Post
    Soooooo I saw this game some time ago, but havnt seen anybody post about it....Its certainly very "special"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYeNXrElDQ
    You can't see the cards for the other hands played. I know I won't play that game unless I can find the loophole to beat that game.

I genuinely couldn't tell if this was satire or serious... I could literally see this being a "joke" video with the "newbies don't mess you up!" ... "without the dealer right in your face!" ...etc. Yeah, well how about the guy that still doesn't know how to click the buttons, is ordering a drink, or talking on his phone or something. The dealers still has to correct him/everyone waits on him.

This is a literally retarded idea. Please tell me it's not real.

This is how baccarat is played in Macau. Teams have been crushing side bets on bacc there for years. The interblock video blackjack machines have a similar setup with no live dealers, it is not so bad. Basically any hand where there is the option to split or double they deal out multiple hands on the same hand. Personally I don't think these have done particularly well in the US on other games like roulette, the costs of the machines tends to be higher than what they win, because only low limit players ever play them. In addition, in some of the jurisdictions where they did well, they were removed due to unfavorable tax treatment.

It wouldn't be particularly difficult to signal the count of the other hands. And you could wong and backcount with impunity, my guess is there would also be no heat. Of course whether this would matter would all depend on limits, pen, cashback/comps, and rules (my guess is all will suck).