Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $25 3:2 vs. $10 6:5

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is repulsive.

Take the money and get a hooker, either way you gonna get screwed but you might just enjoy this one.

The real answer is that if you are trying to make your money last longer, then play for less. Why not a $10 3:2 game?

In the comparison, the amount of the bet is the strategic variable.

Funny, no on asked OP if he was playing with basic strategy, which would have been much better advice and let him play the 3:2 game at a true house edge instead of the likely -2% he is probably experiencing.

Playing without good basic strategy is much worse than playing the 6:5 game!!! Playing without basic strategy and 6:5 is nuts.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Romes said
    "he player of literally getting paid less on blackjacks is accounted for in the house edge. So instead of saying it costs them "$37/hour" to play 6:5, it actually doesn't. It ups the house edge in which it will cost them the real value of X per hour, pending their average bet and hands per hour of course."

To clarify, $37.50 per hour over and above the regular house edge, assuming of course that the ploppy plays perfect basic - which of course he doesn't.

Maybe this thread is a worthwhile, relevant topic on WOV but here? I'm not quite understanding why I don't see lots of yellow background on this thread by now, since the topic is to play 6:5 for lower stakes over 3:2 because maybe it'll take a little bit longer to get your ass kicked for all your money. Do we have that many low stakes flat betting types that play 6:5 here that we need to give this consideration or calculate this out for them? What's next? Advocating the A-5 count for those who are too mentally challenged to handle a Hi-Lo count? (Also a popular WOV thread).
    Last edited by Tarzan; 02-06-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    What's next? Advocating the A-5 count ...
    For PE, you should had say "OPP"

PE meaning, "Provocation Efficiency" :-)
    Last edited by Phoebe; 02-07-2016 at 06:16 AM.

When I asked the question it was not me asking what I should do. I took a shot at the math and wondered if I was correct. The question as to which game was better was asked on Vegas Message Board and my assumption was the the OP was not using any count. Basically they were saying they had 2 choices of games, $10 6:5 and $25 3:2. Most likely the OP was not using correct basic strategy but I didn't know that for sure. I just figured that the only fair test was basic strategy and assume the hands per hour were the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12