See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: carrying cash, hidden..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

carrying cash, hidden..

Advice on which might be better from among these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Travel-Leg-M...MAAOSw9N1Vy663

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Travel-Pouch...UAAOSw-zxWmzUN

any other suggestions?

Yes, refer to other post about traveling with cash, especially the TSA approval concept.

I actually use one around the waist on some trips.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

I would use both, Zee. What's your total investment? $15 to $20? I'd get both so all of your cash isn't concentrated in only one place.

I would get one with RFID security. I haven't looked much into the "electronic pickpocketing" it protects against, but if you can prevent it for a few more bucks, why not?

What is the point of carrying so much cash? Simply protecting yourself against a tax audit?

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloXe View Post
    What is the point of carrying so much cash? Simply protecting yourself against a tax audit?
    You need the money to withstand the swings in blackjack.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Long ago, I learned to always carry far far more than I NEED;
    as it negates any tension that can develop RE: losing money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Long ago, I learned to always carry far far more than I NEED;
    as it negates any tension that can develop RE: losing money.
    I am the same way. I used to carry almost twice as much as I do now because trip swings were close to $10K at the extremes and $4-6K swings were common. I had one trip I lost almost $10K in the first shoe of the trip. Thankfully the trip ended a winner. Since taking a number of measures to control swings I have found I need far less money. I started carrying about half the cash. One trip, after the changes, that ended a modest loser had a swing within the trip of almost $6K (I was already up about half that so it didn't seem that bad). It was about a 24 hour time period over 2 days involving about 10 hours of play. That has been by far the biggest swing after making several changes to how the same info gathered is used. I decided carrying less than half than what I used to was unwise even though I have never come close to losing that much. If the worst case swing to date happened out of the gate on a trip as described above I want to have enough to play through another such swing during the trip and have enough extra to keep playing. Most often money is made easily and consistently but I still hit those rare times when nothing goes right. They don't happen as much as before and aren't as severe as they were but the downswing is still precipitous. In the very rare event that these unusual events should stack up you need to be prepared. It hasn't happened yet but with enough play it will. If you have played enough you know that you will see anything and everything eventually. A little more than half the cash I used to carry is comfortable for now. A swing worse than the worst swing to date since the changes will change that sentiment. Since I have only played a couple years with all of these changes there most likely will be some in the future that will exceed the current worst case extreme downswings.
    Last edited by Three; 01-24-2016 at 08:33 AM.

In today's Las Vegas newspaper.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...feiture-nevada

Be careful out there.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...feiture-nevada
    I have mentioned that I use bank receipts to thwart the (uniformed) thieves.

I note in this article mention of banking records.