Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Basic strategies in CVBJ and CVCX differ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So if I want to get the indexes for single deck should I just use the ones for the complete zen count and not edit them? Again, thanks for your time, I'm sure I must be frustrating you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If you are calculating TC by dividing by full decks, just use the indices in the CV included strategy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Ok, thanks Norm.

Why do Basic strategies in CVBJ and CVCX differ?

Well, actually, for SD I multiply by the inverse of the deck, correct? So if there's 3/4 deck left, I multiply the count by 4 then divide by 3, right? But I take it I still use the CV indexes for complete zen.

Last edited by Banjoclan; 01-09-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Blog Entries

yes
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They are the same. To see all the strategies included for different sets of rules, you would need to use Define/Edit Strategy to see all the tables. In CVBJ, when you look at the current strategy, you see just the strategy for the current rules. CVCX is a parallel simulator. That is, it can sim for different rules sets in the same run. Therefore, there is no one strategy as it has to change it during the run. So, when you click on Display Tables, it doesn't know which tables to show you.
    Sorry, I'm missing something. When I open CVBJ and I look at the indexes for the complete zen count they are different than when I open Chapter X and look at the indexes for original Zen count full indexes. For example, on hard H/S with 12 vs dealers 2-6 in the complete Zen Count I get the following indexes:

6,3,1,-2,-5
    But for the same hands when I open complete Zen count and click define/edit then click the tables tab the indexes are as follows:
    7,4,2,2,-1

What I'm trying to do is simulate the complete zen count for only the sweet 16 in Chapter X.

Here is a screen shot of the Complete Zen Count when I go into tables to try to edit:Screenshot (2).jpg

and here it is if I just view it without trying to define/edit:Screenshot (3).jpg

Blog Entries

I don't understand the question. The indices in the included strategies are directly from the books. You can change them if you wish.

I just don't understand why they're different. These are both screen shots from the complete Zen Count. Why do they show different index values?

Blog Entries

Looks like multi-deck, H17 table limited to Ill18. It isnot a table from Define-edit strategies. The tables change depending on the rules and the settings on the Attach Strategy screen.

I think I see my problem. I'm clicking on the single deck tab on one and the other one it's showing me multi deck (as you said). What I'm trying to do is test myself for the single deck indices. Is there a way to do this? Thanks again for your patience.

Blog Entries

Yes, set the rules to one deck.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast