Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Basic strategies in CVBJ and CVCX differ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why do Basic strategies in CVBJ and CVCX differ?

Hi, I'm learning the sweet sixteen for the complete zen in CVBJ but when I went to sim it in CVCX the index #s are slightly different. Why is this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

They are the same. To see all the strategies included for different sets of rules, you would need to use Define/Edit Strategy to see all the tables. In CVBJ, when you look at the current strategy, you see just the strategy for the current rules. CVCX is a parallel simulator. That is, it can sim for different rules sets in the same run. Therefore, there is no one strategy as it has to change it during the run. So, when you click on Display Tables, it doesn't know which tables to show you.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks,

However, I'm having trouble looking at pretty much anything in the define/edit strategy. When I get to the determine type of strategy screen and it gives me the choice of single or advanced, I can't get past it. I've read through the ? help menus to no avail.

Blog Entries

Just click the tabs.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

A question on the Soft Hit/Stand chart for Single Deck. It has hit A/7 VS Ace if the count is less than -4. This seems odd. So, I should stand on this hand using Zen on a SD game at -4 and above?

~[ATTACH]2215[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

That is the index in the 1983 version of Blackbelt for SD, H17.

OK, I clicked on the "Complete Zen Count" tab to base this off of. Should I have used the "Basic Zen Count" in the dropdown menu. Crap, if so, I've been drilling with the wrong index #'s for a month now.

OK, now I'm really confused. I looked in the CVBJ manual and it says on Page 60, "Complete Zen Count - A full card counting strategy.... This is the old version of Zen"

I thought I wanted the old version.?

Blog Entries

The old version is better. Just divide by fell decks to get the true count.

So, just so I've got it straight. In CVBJ, the "Complete Zen Count" is the old version?

That's the version that I ran for SD in post #5 where it gave me the -4 index.

Blog Entries

Yes

Ok, then why did I get that -4 H/S index when I edited the strategy for SD? Is this the correct index for Zen when playing SD? Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain in the but, just want to get the indexes right for the count.

Blog Entries

All strategies in CV are from the related books. They are "correct" in that they are what the books call for. No effort was made to improve them. The Complete Zen is the original Zen. This is better than the later versions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast