Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Snyder

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Arnold Snyder

How trustworthy is this guy? Some blackjack experts are more than just skeptical. Ken Uston supposedly approached him to devise a count strategy years ago. But then it has come to light that Uston was not a winning player. What's the real verdict, then?

He's a good analyst and strategist. I've bought several books and some software from him, on his advice, that I found useful. I've talked to him on the phone several times, never met him in person. Never met Uston either but I did meet several members that were on his teams and none of them spoke ill of Ken.

Blog Entries

Arnold has been an icon in our field since before the word icon was popularized. Everyone in the field anxiously awaited his magazine, for good reason.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Arnold has been an icon in our field since before the word icon was popularized. Everyone in the field anxiously awaited his magazine, for good reason.
    Norm. Don't mean to hijack the thread but is it true that Uston was not the winning player many thought he was?

Banned or Suspended

BigJer,

May be news to you--- or not,,,most in the game will not be big winners, some, many not winners at all.

Uston was a personality, he had charisma, that helped his image.

The big winners are the ones you will never hear of.

Ouchez

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    BigJer,

May be news to you--- or not,,,most in the game will not be big winners, some, many not winners at all.

Uston was a personality, he had charisma, that helped his image.

The big winners are the ones you will never hear of.

Ouchez
    No it's not news to me I understand that. But since he was one of the big names in BJ I was just wondering.

I think the man who brought us Red-7 and the Zen Count knows his stuff.
    "Wait a minute. How do you beat someone to death with their own skull? That doesn't seem physically possible." "That's what Jimmy kept screaming: 'This doesn't seem physically possible!'"

Many know the math, proper counts and are very intelligent and can't put the rest of the challenge together. The excellent books written certainly have helped others. Like Ouchez said the charisma and personality helps. It seems they all had a track record of some big playing days. How long could they keep playing high limits in today's market and want to keep it up when writing was an easier path to riches and probably a fun life. Arnold's books are always must reads for those who want to learn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    Norm. Don't mean to hijack the thread but is it true that Uston was not the winning player many thought he was?
    Uston had his personal demons. Leave it at that.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Arnold is the real deal. I only know about Uston what I've read in books.

mitch 001.JPG
    I bought a copy of Blackjack wisdom a year back and I was wondering if anybody here could help me with the inscription written cover page. It looks like "maybe" Arnold's signature (never seen it). "To Peter; Thanks for years of friendship and advice."
    I could be reading way too much into this but maybe Peter Griffin?
    Or you think some guy just bought a book for his buddy Peter and inscribed it?
    sorry to derail the thread a bit.

My two cents is Arnold is the real deal. Intro to expert. Has a good writing style too. You don't get 30+years of popularity and respect without hard work, dedication, and smarts in one's craft.

Rumors spread weirdly. Al Francesco once said that Uston never made any money for his teams. Play operator long enough and that becomes simply "Uston never made any money". I'd be very surprised if Uston were a net bj loser. Read Darryl Purpose interviews over on Blackjack Forum Online (sorry, linking inconvenient right now.
    Last edited by First Normal Form; 11-19-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast